DeSales offers the ability to add a minor to a bachelor's degree. The minor consists of 6 courses and will be indicated your permanent record.
- Students may not take courses required for the minor under the pass-fail option.
- A G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher is required in the 6 courses required by the minor, at least 3 of which must be completed at DeSales University.
- The student is responsible for scheduling his/her minor program in such a way that he/she can take the required courses as they are available during the four-year period.
- After degree conferral, a minor may be added within one year.
- Students who seek to add a minor after graduation, however, may not be eligible for additional financial aid.
- The choice of a minor should be made in consultation with the student’s advisor.
- Please note that in some cases scheduling conflicts between required major and minor courses may occur, preventing a student from completion of a minor.
- Tutorials and independent study courses are not considered an acceptable way of resolving such conflicts.
- For this reason, a student would do well to begin taking appropriate courses as early as possible in his/her collegiate career.
- Additional information and “Completion of a Minor” forms are available in MyDSU under the Forms and Documents heading as well as in the academic affairs office.
- Courses used to satisfy the area of emphasis in the liberal studies program may not be applied toward a minor.