College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is an uncomplicated, reputable, and efficient way for you to get college credit for knowledge you have acquired on your own.
The most frequently asked questions about CLEP are:
- How much does it cost to take a CLEP test? Currently, CLEP charges a fee of $89 for each CLEP exam.
- What are the CLEP exams that I can take? The CLEP Examinations and DeSales University Equivalencies (UPDATED APRIL 2017) document shows which exams can be taken for credit and how they transfer into our program. It's important to remember that CLEP exams are transfer credits and apply toward the DeSales transfer policy.
- What score do I need to get credit for a CLEP exam? The majority of exams require a passing score of "50," although a few exams differ. The equivalency form previously mentioned lists this information as well.
- What's the best way to prepare for a CLEP exam? There are many CLEP study guides available. We feel that the BEST way to prepare is to obtain an appropriate textbook and review the material. Study guides are helpful supplements, but a textbook covers the material on which you will be tested. Free online CLEP preparation courses are also offered through Modern States Education Alliance on the CLEP website.
- Where are the nearest testing centers to take a CLEP exam? Locations vary, visit the CLEP Testing Centers for more information.
- What can I do to get more information about taking a CLEP exam? For specific information, please call 610-282-4361. For general CLEP information, visit the CLEP website at www.collegeboard.com/clep
Adult Studies Admissions
2755 Station Avenue Center Valley, PA 18034