How to Apply
Admissions to the MBA program are on a rolling basis.
Application Fee: $50 - waived if you attend a free information session.
- Current resume (our part-time program is geared toward working adults)
- Completed application
- 3 professional references/recommendation letters
- A personal statement explaining why you want to pursue an MBA and what you feel you could bring to the classroom discussion/experience, etc.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution or GMAT may be required
DeSales University's institutional reporting code is: 002021
To be eligible for the MBA program, you must have completed the following equivalent undergraduate courses:
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
Prior academic course work to satisfy the undergraduate foundation course requirements should normally have been completed within the seven years preceding the date of acceptance into the program, with course grades of "C" or better. Each course should be the equivalent of at least three credit hours of academic work.
If you have not successfully completed these courses, you must make them up using any one or a combination of the following three options:
- Undergraduate level CLEP examination
- Credit By Examination. See the Credit by Examination section of the Graduate Catalog
- Graduate level foundation course(s):
- FD 501 Essentials of Economics
- FD 502 Management and Marketing Principles
- FD 503 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FD 506 Managerial Statistics
- FD 505 Foundations of Business - available to anyone with a Master's degree or higher. Speak with an advisor for more information.
About the foundation courses:
- Foundation courses facilitate accelerated coverage of prerequisite subject matter.
- The pace is rapid and significant preparation outside of class is expected.
- Completion of foundation courses does not reduce or substitute the MBA graduation requirements.
- Grades earned in these courses will not be computed in the graduate GPA.
- Information about the equivalency between Undergraduate Foundation Courses and Graduate Level Foundation Courses is available through the MBA office.
- You should complete your foundation courses before taking any core, concentration, or elective courses.
Additional Required Information
English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL (minimum score of 90)
Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
Certificate of Finances Required: Yes