Skip to main content


Answers to some of the most common questions DeSales Transfer Students ask.

Can I have a car on campus? How much does the parking permit cost? Yes, you can have a car. But you do need to register with the DeSales Police Department Parking Authority.  Permit cost per vehicle: Resident Students is $75.00; Non-Resident Students is $25.00.

How long will it take to earn my degree at DSU?
All degrees at DeSales University require a minimum of 40 three-credit courses to complete. Certain programs have additional requirements. Students must complete a minimum of 15 courses at DSU (five of those courses must be within the major) to earn a degree.

How many credits do I need before I transfer to DeSales University?
There is no minimum requirement of credits. You can transfer to DeSales at any point.

Students who have registered for 24 or more credits at any post-secondary institution should apply for admission as transfer students. Students who have registered for fewer than 24 credits are considered freshmen with college work and should follow the traditional admissions procedures.

I'm an international student. Do I need to provide any supplemental documents to complete my application?
There are additional procedures for international students who are interested in attending DSU.

What academic support services are available at DeSales?
At DSU's Academic Resource Center, you can receive tutoring services from professional and peer tutors in a variety of subject areas. Professional tutoring services are available in the areas of Math, Science, and reading comprehension/written expression. Furthermore, students with documented physical, psychological, and/ or learning disabilities may request accommodations through the Coordinator of Learning and Disabilities Services.

What are the admissions criteria for Education majors?
Students wishing to major in Education without certification or who are enrolled in foundational education courses should maintain a 2.5 GPA or above. Students who enter the Education program and who are planning to seek Pennsylvania teacher certification must enter with a 2.8 GPA or above in order to enter directly into the Professional Phase of the program. For more information, contact the Department Chair of Education.

What are the admissions criteria for the Nursing program?
For transfer students, the minimum GPA required to be considered for the nursing program is 2.75.  In addition,  students must complete Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Physiological Chemistry, and Introduction to Psychology (with a grade of C or higher) by the end of their spring semester prior to enrollment. Students can only repeat one science course (Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Microbiology, and Physiological Chemistry) in order to remain eligible for program consideration. These science courses must be completed within five years of the student’s entry into the BSN program. No matter how many credits transfer into DSU, the program will take three years to complete. These are requirements for consideration only and do not guarantee a spot into the program.

What are the admissions criteria for Theatre and Dance majors?
The minimum 2.5 GPA is preferred, but students with a 2.0 GPA or higher may be considered for admissions. Additionally, once a student is accepted to the University, he or she must audition. Once a student auditions, he or she will be informed of the acceptance decision.

What if I’m interested in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) or Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program?
As a transfer student, there is no direct entry into DSU’s accelerated 3+2 medical studies/MSPAS program or DSU’s accelerated 3+3 health sciences/DPT program. Transfer students interested in the MSPAS or DPT program must first complete a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited institution. During or after your senior year, you can apply to DSU’s MSPAS or DPT graduate programs. During your bachelor’s program, you must satisfy the admissions requirements of the MSPAS or DPT program. Students who complete their bachelor’s degree program at DeSales will typically complete the degree in one of our natural science majors (BA in biology recommended for MSPAS students and BS in sport & exercise science or biology recommended for DPT students). Students can complete the prerequisite coursework for MSPAS or DPT during their undergraduate program. Qualified graduates of DeSales who apply to MSPAS are guaranteed an interview for the graduate program, and qualified graduates of DeSales who apply to DPT are given preference.


Best Physician Assistant Programs

U.S. News & World Report


Best Physical Therapy Programs

U.S. News & World Report


Top Performer on Social Mobility

U.S. News & World Report


National Universities

U.S. News & World Report

Contact Us

Transfer Admissions
Dooling Hall