Accelerated Teacher Degrees
Teacher Intern Certification in Secondary Education and Special Education
If you have a bachelor's degree — in any major — the DeSales Teacher Intern Certification Program can help fast-track your teaching career.
In this two-phase program, you'll ...
- Earn a teacher intern certification in as little as four months.
This certification qualifies you to work as a teacher while you ...
- Complete the program to earn your full Instructional I certificate.
Reasons to Choose TIP
- Acceptance into the Program is an opportunity to work in an instructional position while you earn your Intern Certification and progressing through to your Instructional I certification.
- The pathway is customized to your needs and goals — while maintaining rigorous and high-quality learning standards.
- The program is designed to teach, mentor, and support you throughout the entire certification process.
Accelerated Teacher Intern Programs
About the Intern Certification
Intern Certification is a Pennsylvania-approved alternate-route teacher certificate that allows individuals to hold full-time professional teaching positions for up to three years once the Intern Certification is issued.
DeSales is currently the ONLY approved Special Education PreK-12 Intern Certification Program in Pennsylvania.
This program is best suited for candidates who hope to work in areas of teacher shortage such as in special education, mathematics, the sciences, and world languages.
However, candidates in English and the social sciences have gained immediate employment after intern certification.