Turn Your Degree into a Career: Teach
Teacher Intern Certification in Early Childhood Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education
If you have a bachelor's degree, the DeSales Teacher Intern Certification Program can help fast-track your teaching career.
In this two-phase program, you'll ...
- Earn a teacher intern certification.
This certification qualifies you to work as a teacher while you ...
- Complete the program to earn your full Instructional I certificate.
Reasons to Choose TIP
- Acceptance into the Program is an opportunity to work in an instructional position while you earn your Intern Certification and progressing through to your Instructional I certification.
- The pathway is customized to your needs and goals — while maintaining rigorous and high-quality learning standards.
- The program is designed to teach, mentor, and support you throughout the entire certification process.
- DeSales courses are online, flexible, and taught by leaders in the Education field.
- A nationwide teacher shortage equates to a demand for teachers in all areas, especially math, science, foreign language, and special education.
Accelerated Teacher Intern Programs
About the Intern Certification
Intern Certification is a Pennsylvania-approved alternate-route teacher certificate that allows individuals to hold full-time professional teaching positions for up to three years once the Intern Certification is issued.
DeSales was the first in Pennsylvania to offer the Special Education PreK-12 Intern Certification Program.
This program is best suited for candidates who hope to work in areas of teacher shortage such as in special education, mathematics, the sciences, and world languages.