Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
DeSales University understands the current healthcare environment and numerous demands placed on nurses everywhere. That's why our DNP Program offers multiple options, as well as our upcoming BSN - DNP Nurse Practitioner (NP) track options.
Advancing your education is the best thing you can do in today’s complex world of nursing and healthcare. The DeSales DNP Program offers a quality, practice-based education designed for nurses seeking to expand their roles in the delivery of clinical practice and leadership in health care.
Our Post Master's (Post-MSN) DNP Program offers both full- and part-time options, with concentrations available in Clinical Leadership and Executive Leadership, both of which will help advance your knowledge and career capabilities. In addition, Clinical Leadership and Executive Leadership knowledge and competencies can be combined with business skills for a dual DNP/MBA option.
The DeSales University DNP Program introduces the BSN-DNP NP track options, enrolling soon for a Fall 2022 start date.
Our three new BSN-DNP NP track options follow full-time curriculum plans that can be completed in under four years. BSN-DNP NP track options include Family/Individual Across the Lifespan, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, and Psychiatric-Mental Health.
The DeSales Difference
- You can continue to work while pursuing doctoral study with our innovative, flexible format.
- You can complete the program online full-time or part-time, depending on which track option you choose.
- You'll receive mentoring, advising, and professional networking opportunities—they're built directly into our DNP program.
- You'll learn from highly-experienced nursing faculty who maintain active clinical practices, have years of advanced practice experience across a variety of specialty areas, and are active in their state and national organizations.
- Enhance your leadership skills with a DNP in Executive Leadership with or without an MBA option. A business foundation course is included for those who need a basic understanding of business principles.
New! BSN-DNP NP track options
If you already have a BSN degree, you can save both time and money by completing master's level coursework while working directly towards your DNP degree.
Our new BSN-DNP NP track options will expedite your DNP degree in any of three specialized areas:
- Family/Individual Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Now accepting applications for Fall 2022.
Post-MSN DNP Degree Programs
BSN-DNP Nurse Practitioner Tracks
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at DeSales University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).