We’re committed to promoting a Catholic and Salesian presence on our campus by offering beautiful and inspired liturgies which serve to deepen our communion with Christ.
Members of the CLMS serve as cantors for campus Mass.
- Sunday AM Mass with Choir: Vested in blue cassocks, our Liturgical Choir, under the direction of Dr. Ryan Mullaney, enhances the liturgy with repertoire ranging from the Renaissance to significant works by contemporary composers. It is accompanied by Dr. Dennis Varley on our majestic Austin pipe organ and piano.
- Sunday PM “Candlelight” Mass: offers a gentle atmosphere and reflective music to enhance this beautiful way to end the day.
- For all Mass times and locations, see Campus Ministry
Compline (sung Night Prayer)
Compline (Night Prayer), sung every Thursday night, is the last of the eight daily “Offices” in the Roman Catholic liturgy which were instituted by the early Christians to allow them “to pray unceasingly.” Consisting of a sequence of brief Gregorian chants which offer thanks to God for the blessings of the day and ask for his protection during the coming night, Compline is a calm and reflective way to end the day.
Throughout the academic year, various liturgies, including the Patron’s Day Mass honoring St. Francis DeSales on his feast day, January 24; Evening Prayer to honor the dead on November 2, and Mass of Welcome — held at the beginning of the academic year — are enhanced by the music of our choirs.
A Penitential Procession
Annual Spring Concert
- Monday, December 4 at 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Tuesday, December 5 at 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Friday, December 8 at 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday, December 9 at 7:30pm to 8:30pm
Responding to the command “Gaudete” (Rejoice) given in the antiphon of the Mass on the Third Sunday of Advent, Gaudeamus (We rejoice) celebrates our anxious and joyful preparation for the celebration of Christmas and especially for the second coming of Christ. Originally created by Dr. Dennis Varley and first presented on our campus in 1989, this perennially sold-out candlelight concert is a seasonal gift to the wider campus community.