Meet the DEI Team
A variety of faculty, staff and students review and recommend appropriate steps to create a more inclusive campus community at DeSales.
Scott Blair, M.Ed.
Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Scott J. Blair, M.Ed. is an accomplished educator, mentor and diversity and inclusion practitioner that serves as DeSales University’s inaugural leader for University wide efforts in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the institution.
Prior to joining DeSales, Blair served as the inaugural Chief Diversity Officer at Northampton Community College, where he led oversaw the creation of Northampton’s first Diversity Strategic Plan (2020) in partnership with the institution’s College Diversity Committee and hosting the University of Southern California’s Race and Equity Center for a series of discussions. Blair also led the creation of the College’s first Chosen/Preferred Name procedure for students and also worked closely in relaunching the College’s “I Have A Dream” Black History Month Celebration Banquet.
Blair has also held a variety of positions in diversity, academic and student support and athletics at SUNY-ESF and Syracuse University. While with the United University Professions (UUP) – that nation’s largest high education faculty/staff union – Blair served as a chapter president, chapter diversity officer, and as a member of UUP’s State-wide Black and Latino Faculty/Staff Concerns Committee.
Blair currently is a member of the National Association of Diversity Officer’s in Higher Education (NADOHE) and numerous local efforts in the Lehigh Valley community to advance Inclusive Excellence in the area. Mr. Blair earned his Master of Education in Higher Education Administration from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and also holds an Executive Leadership Certificate from the University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education – Race and Equity Center.
Graduate Assistant for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Naomy is a graduate of East Stroudsburg University and is an educator who is currently employed with Communities In Schools of Eastern Pennsylvania. Her work includes site coordination of the Student Assistance Program at Freedom High School within the Bethlehem Area School District. Naomy is pursuing her graduate degree at DeSales in Student Affairs/Higher Education Administration
DEI Task Force
This task force meets monthly and attendance is open to members of the DSU college community. Our committee roster is as follows:
- Scott J. Blair, M.Ed. – (Mission) Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Donna Mikol – (Human Resources) Assistant Director of Human Resources
- Maria Montero, Esq. - Board of Trustees
- Judy Sabino - Desales Alumna
- Lisa Plummer, M.Ed. - (Institutional Research & Analysis) Director of Institutional Research & Analysis
- Kelley Kenney, Ed.D. – (Professionals of Color ERG representative) Director, Graduate Program in Higher Education
- Michelle Bolger, Ph.D. – (Women’s Caucus ERG representative) Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- Susan Givens-Skeaton, Ph.D. - (Business Division) Assistant Professor of Business; Department Chair, Human Resource Management, Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management
- Ahmet Yayla, Ph.D. - (Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Division) Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice; Director, Center for Homeland Security
- Father Kevin Nadolski, OSFS, Ph.D. – (Mission) Vice President for Mission
- Student Representative – Courtney Taylor, SGA Diversity and Inclusion Liaison
- Student Representative – Austin Lewis, Graduate Student Representative