Meet the DEI Team
A variety of faculty, staff and students review and recommend appropriate steps to create a more inclusive campus community at DeSales.
Scott Blair, M.Ed.
Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Scott J. Blair, M.Ed. is an accomplished educator, mentor and diversity and inclusion practitioner that serves as DeSales University’s inaugural leader for University wide efforts in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the institution.
Prior to joining DeSales, Blair served as the inaugural Chief Diversity Officer at Northampton Community College, where he led oversaw the creation of Northampton’s first Diversity Strategic Plan (2020) in partnership with the institution’s College Diversity Committee and hosting the University of Southern California’s Race and Equity Center for a series of discussions. Blair also led the creation of the College’s first Chosen/Preferred Name procedure for students and also worked closely in relaunching the College’s “I Have A Dream” Black History Month Celebration Banquet.
Blair has also held a variety of positions in diversity, academic and student support and athletics at SUNY-ESF and Syracuse University. While with the United University Professions (UUP) – that nation’s largest high education faculty/staff union – Blair served as a chapter president, chapter diversity officer, and as a member of UUP’s State-wide Black and Latino Faculty/Staff Concerns Committee.
Blair currently is a member of the National Association of Diversity Officer’s in Higher Education (NADOHE) and numerous local efforts in the Lehigh Valley community to advance Inclusive Excellence in the area. Mr. Blair earned his Master of Education in Higher Education Administration from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and also holds an Executive Leadership Certificate from the University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education – Race and Equity Center.
LaShara A. Davis, Ph.D.
Faculty Liaison for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
LaShara A. Davis, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Communication at DeSales University and serves as the Faculty Liaison for DEI. She also serves as the Faculty Advisor for the Black Student Union.
Her focus and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to her research on patient-centered care, health education development and reducing racial and ethnic health disparities. Over the years, Dr. Davis has had the opportunity to teach at Purdue University, Rutgers University, Kean University, and Rider University.
As a researcher and teacher, her goal is to deepen the understanding of the creation, implementation, and evaluation of health campaigns with a special focus on health disparities affecting low-income, low-literate, and underserved populations.
DEI Task Force
This task force meets monthly and attendance is open to members of the DSU college community. Our committee roster is as follows:
- Scott J. Blair – (Mission) Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- LaShara Davis - (Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Division) Assistant Professor of Communication/Health Communication
- Donna Mikol – (Human Resources) Assistant Director of Human Resources
- Maria Montero, Esq. - Board of Trustees
- Bill Peterson – (Academic Affairs) Director of Exploratory Studies
- Lisa Plummer - (Institutional Research & Analysis) Director of Institutional Research & Analysis
- Judy Sabino- LVHN & DSU Alumna
- Susan Givens-Skeaton- (Business Division) Assistant Professor of Business; Department Chair, Human Resource Management, Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management
- Ahmet Yayla- (Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Division) Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice; Director, Center for Homeland Security
- Student Representative – Matthew Camardo, SGA Diversity and Inclusion Liaison