Department of Education
Wherever your teaching passion lies, as a DeSales graduate you emerge ready to inspire students and teach with purpose across a variety of educational settings.
Teaching in today’s world is more competitive and demanding than ever. This is why a DeSales degree in education can make a significant difference. Not only will you gain contemporary teaching skills and tools, you'll also develop a caring approach supported through your exposure to Salesian values. Combined, these elements help you make a more meaningful impact in the lives of your students.
Whether you are just beginning your journey as a teacher or are pursuing advanced studies, our education programs are designed to add distinct value to your career. You'll become more tech-savvy and benefit from rich field experiences and opportunities to teach and study abroad. In addition, Pennsylvania's rigorous teacher credentialing standards means your certification is highly applicable in many other states.
Great Clinical Field Experiences and Student Teaching Placements
Successful teaching careers start with exceptional field experiences and student teaching assignments. DeSales has an outstanding reputation in these areas
DeSales' Department of Education prepares teacher candidates with the latest teaching methods through relevant coursework, extensive field experiences, and exceptional student-teaching opportunities.
Across all of our education programs our teacher candidates demonstrate:
- Content mastery across disciplines
- Effective, creative, reflective, technology-enhanced, and data-driven pedagogy
- Professionalism in personal, collegial and institutional settings
- Respect for the uniqueness and diverse perspectives of all learners, families, and communities
- Leadership in advocating for students and supporting their highest achievement in local and global contexts