If we said there are a million good reasons to live on campus, you probably wouldn’t believe us. But what if we said there are 999,999? Here are just a few of those great reasons plus a few tips for living with someone else in our Roommates 101.
It will help you stay healthier (and the environment, too).
- Walk everywhere! When you live here, all our campus buildings are just a lovely stroll away.
- Go greener. Less driving = less pollution.
- You'll have more green in your pocket, too.
- Save money. Most commuters spend at least $100 a month on transportation.
- One bill (paid twice a year) includes all utilities, housekeeping/maintenance services, internet, local telephone, cable, and furnished room.
- Living off campus can have hidden costs, for 71% of rentals aren't furnished.
It will help in your quest to be an academic superstar.
- Students who live on campus have a cumulative GPA that is on average 5% higher than their commuter classmates.
- Instructors are close by discussion, or questions .
- The Academic Resource Center, career services, and advisors are just a walk away.
- There are a ton of great places for study groups to meet.
- Computer labs, faculty offices campus resources close.
- Research shows that students who live on campus bond better to the institution, which leads to happiness, success, and a greater likelihood to complete their degrees.
You'll make friendships that can last a lifetime.
- Living on campus gives you endless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships.
- Get to really know your classmates. All of our first-year students live on campus (except commuters). And, 2/3 of all DeSales undergraduates live on campus.
- Don't worry mom and dad, it's safe here. DeSales is recognized as one of the safest Universities in the country (see Crime Statistics).
- The campus features: foot- and vehicle-patrols, plus late-night transportation/escort service; emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, and controlled resident hall access. Residences are secured 24/7, with on-call residence life staff.
It's easier to get involved.
- When you live here, it's easy to attend club meetings, sports practices, and study groups.
- Resident advisors host on average 300 programs per year.
- Student Activities hosted approximately 125 events each year.
We take care of you.
- Housekeepers clean your bathroom and community areas once a week.
- Maintenance staff available 24/7 for emergency repairs.
- Resident advisors (RAs) and professional residence life staff are available 24/7
You can bring a car.
- All students are welcome to bring their cars to campus (parking permits are required.)