Financial Aid & Scholarships
Don't let the financial aid process overwhelm you. DeSales' Office of Financial Aid is here to assist. Not only will we help you understand the process but we'll also identify and maximize everything you qualify for.
The Office of Financial Aid can help ease the stress that comes from all of the questions surrounding how to finance your DeSales education. While it is your responsibility (or your parents' if you are a dependent) to pay for your education, we can help make your college expenses affordable through a combination of grants, loans, student employment, and scholarship resources.
Here are some helpful points to get you started:
- Apply for financial aid as early as possible - If you're a first-time applicant, the earlier you apply the more likely you are to get the maximum amount of money possible.
- Complete your FAFSA form as early as October 1 for the following academic year - It is your responsibility to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year for consideration of various financial aid programs. FAFSA allows the federal government to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). We use this information to develop a financial aid package that is based upon your needs. Need is determined by subtracting the EFC from the total cost of attendance. Again, you can file your FAFSA form as early as October 1 for the academic year to follow. DeSales University's Federal School Code is 003986
- Determine your financial aid eligibility - The financial aid package specifies the types and amounts of assistance (including federal, state, and institutional) you will receive to cover your expenses. Government and University funds are limited – amounts awarded may not meet all financial needs. Parents may apply for a Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) and students may apply for alternative loans.
- Calculate the cost of college attendance - The total cost of attendance includes estimates for tuition, fees, room, board, books, and personal, transportation, and living expenses. To help estimate your costs, use our Net Price Calculator
DeSales is Affordable
You are automatically considered for DeSales University Scholarships upon receipt of your completed application.
- Apply to DeSales University by December 1 to receive maximum consideration.
- Scholarships are awarded regardless of financial need. Funds are limited, so apply early.
Personal Zoom Sessions with the Financial Aid team
Do you have questions about the financial aid process? The DeSales Financial Aid Staff will be available to meet with you for a scheduled personalized Zoom meeting to go over questions you may have.
20 minute sessions are available on a first-come first-served basis.
**The Financial Aid staff can also be reached to discuss your questions at email@example.com or 610-282-3382.
Taking the Mystery out of your FAFSA
This helpful video will answer basic questions and guide you onto a good start with your FAFSA. While completing the FAFSA, you and your parents will have the option to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to verify your income. This video provides an overview of how the tool will simplify the FAFSA filing process. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool may also minimize the verification documents the school may ask you for later on.
DeSales University's Federal School Code is 003986.