Veterans and Military Services
As a veteran or an active-duty military member, you'll find lots of support and resources at DeSales University.
Student Life: COVID-19 Response FAQs
How do student veterans or military students stay connected?
The Office of Veterans and Military Services is fully functioning remotely. Necessary communications are being conducted with VA offices on your behalf. (Please note, pursuant to S.3503, signed into law by President Trump on March 21, monthly housing allowances will not be affected by the move to online from the "resident" in-person modality until December 21 or until in-person classes resume.)
An organized Blackboard site has been created to keep student veterans and active military students connected to DeSales and each other. It will also serve to update students of any VA changes.
To join the organization site, log into Blackboard and click on "Organizations." Search for the site with a key word like "veterans" or "military." When the organization appears, click on the small grey circle at the end of the name and click "Enroll." Finally, click "Submit."
Will this FAQ be updated as things change?
Further information about campus resources will be updated on this site.
Please remember that our campus resources are available to you. We will continue to update these FAQs on COVID-19 as this situation continues to evolve.
We will communicate as necessary, via website, email and social media, as we move forward.
DeSales University Proudly Welcomes Military Personnel and is dedicated to provide the support and resources you need to succeed in your educational goals. DeSales University:
- ranks 41st in the north as a best college for veterans on the 2021 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges list;
- proudly participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program;
- is one of just 30 schools statewide to be named to the Pennsylvania National Guard Associations’ (PNGAS) inaugural list of Guard Friendly Schools;
- was awarded "8 Keys to Veterans' Success" status by the U.S. Department of Education;
- has affirmed support of Executive Order 13607, Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members.