Career Resources & Support
The DeSales Career Development Center is where your classroom knowledge and real-world experience come together.
Enjoy the support starting with your first day at DeSales by utilizing our guidance, tools, resources and more. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you forge a path and find your calling.
View the 2023-2024 Career Planning Guide, your best career development resource, available 24/7.
Your career goals are all your own. We'll help you craft a career plan that's as individual as you are.
- One-on-one career coaching
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interview guidance and practice
- Career Development and Planning Class (3 credit Elective)
- Internships and job shadow program
- Personality, interests, skills, and work values assessments
Networking is an important skill when it comes to uncovering opportunities. As you look to develop your career, you’ll want to know lots of people in your field and how to interact with potential employers and co-workers. The Career Development Center offers:
- Career and Internship Fairs
- Etiquette Dinners
- Company Site Visits
- On-Campus Information Sessions
- Alumni Networking Events
Post Graduation Success and Preparation
There are endless career paths you can take after graduating from DeSales, including graduate school, a year of service learning, military service, or full-time employment. The Career Development Center is here to help guide you along the way:
- On-campus interviews
- Graduate school application assistance
- Personal statement development
- Access to job postings and employer contacts
- Job search assistance
- Salary negotiation and job acceptance
Handshake is the #1 resource for college students to find jobs.
- Access and customize your profile
- Submit your resume and cover letter for review 24/7
- Connect with recruiters
- Search on-campus jobs, internships, register for events and more!
Upcoming Career Events