Office of Institutional Research & Analysis
The Office of Institutional Research & Analysis (OIRA) serves the entire University community in achieving its mission. The office is tasked with collection, coordination, analysis, and dissemination of data and other information about and for University decision-making.
The OIRA performs the following functions:
- Serves as the central location for statistical information about DSU
- Collects and reports University data to federal and state agencies
- Develops institutional benchmarks and strategic planning indicators using comparative data
- Maintains a University-wide list of peer, aspirant, and competitor institutions for comparative benchmark purposes
- Administers surveys to assess the internal environment of the institution
- Engages with University departments and divisions to conduct studies and provide statistical analysis in support of strategic decision-making
- Maintains the Student Right-to-Know Consumer Information webpage to ensure compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
- Assists with University accreditation activities including academic program-specific accreditations
- Reports data for use in external guidebooks and rankings
The OIRA operates in accordance with the Association of Institutional Research (AIR) Statement of Ethical Principles to ensure ethical standards and integrity in the field of institutional research are upheld.
University Fact Sheet
The University At-A-Glance fact sheet provides a condensed statistical profile of the institution including data on admissions, enrollment, student success, instruction, academic programs, faculty and staff, residential life, athletics, alumni, and more.
- 2019-2020 DeSales University At-A-Glance
- 2018-2019 DeSales University At-A-Glance
- 2017-2018 DeSales University At-A-Glance
Common Data Set
Common Data Set Initiative
The Common Data Set (CDS) is a common set of standards and definitions of data items used in a collaborative effort among data providers and publishers in the higher education community to improve the quality and accuracy of information provided, and to reduce the reporting burden on data providers.
The Data Glossary is a collection of terms that are commonly used within institutional data reports. The definitions have been compiled using sources such as IPEDS, Common Data Set, and state reporting standards along with definitions unique to DeSales University.
Resources and Useful Links
College Navigator - National Center for Education Statistics
DeSales University Profile
College Navigator provides selected institutional data to assist students, parents, high school counselors, and others obtain information about nearly 7,000 postsecondary institutions in the United States and other areas. It offers a wide range of information including programs offered, retention and graduation rates, aid available, campus safety, accreditation, and estimated student expenses.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
DeSales University Statement of Accreditation Status
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is a voluntary, non-governmental, regional membership association currently serving higher education institutions in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and other geographic areas in which the Commission conducts accrediting activities. The Commission's accreditation process ensures institutional accountability, self-appraisal, improvement, and innovation through peer review and the rigorous application of standards within the context of institutional mission.
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- North East Association for Institutional Research (NEAIR)
- The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
Lisa M. Plummer, M.Ed.
Director of Institutional Research & Analysis
117 Brisson Hall
610.282.1100, ext. 1259