Board of Trustees Distinguishes Faculty Members
Eight members of the DeSales University faculty have something special to celebrate heading into the summer months.
Congratulations to the following educators, who are granted tenure, promotion, and/or an extended contract by the Board of Trustees, whose responsibility solely it is to do so:
- Lara Goudsouzian, Ph.D., was granted tenure and promoted to the rank of associate professor of biology.
- Julia Mayo, MFA, was granted tenure and promoted to the rank of associate professor of dance.
- Lisa Wilde, Ph.D., was granted tenure and promoted to the rank of associate professor of English.
- Julie Himmelberger, Ph.D., associate professor of biochemistry, was granted a renewal of her five-year extended contract.
- Sarah Nytroe, Ph.D., associate professor of history, was granted a renewal of her five-year extended contract.
- Wayne Turney, MFA, professor of theatre, was granted a renewal of his five-year extended contract.
- Joseph Colosi, Ph.D., was granted the rank of professor emeritus of biology upon his retirement on May 16, 2020.
In addition to those achievements, Father James Greenfield, OSFS ’84, president, has accepted the recommendation of the University’s Rank and Tenure Committee to promote Father Douglas Burns, OSFS, to assistant professor of sport and exercise physiology.
"It is a joy to celebrate our faculty who are the backbone to the strong academic programs offered at DeSales University,” says Brother Dan Wisniewski, OSFS, provost. “These individual faculty are recognized by our University trustees because of their excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, from which our students greatly benefit in their educational experience at DeSales.”