Women for DeSales
Women for DeSales is a Philanthropic Giving Circle of Special Interest to Women. Women for DeSales was launched in 2016 to engage women with a serious interest in philanthropy to channel that commitment into funding that supports underfunded or unfunded programming and projects at DeSales University.
The group is comprised of women in the DeSales family (alumni, parents, family members, faculty, staff, friends, community), who individually commit to giving $1,000 or more annually to the fund.
Monthly payment plans are available:
- 10 Months - $100.00 Monthly Gift
- 8 Months - $125.00 Monthly Gift
- 5 Months - $200.00 Monthly Gift
- 4 Months - $250.00 Monthly Gift
- 2 Months - $500.00 Monthly Gift
We ask that commitments for participation for the 2022-2023 funding year are provided by December 31, 2022 with full gift of $1,000 completed by June 30, 2023.
Women for DeSales creates an opportunity to feel the power of your philanthropy by collaborating with other women to make a significant impact on DeSales University. Two meetings are held every year to first distribute the funds and the second to learn of the impact of those funds.
Women for DeSales began its first funding year in 2016/17 fiscal year with thirteen founding members. In the 2017/18 funding year, the group had grown to 25 and it grew to 33 women committed to Women for DeSales in the 2018/19 funding year. The group continues to grow as more individuals learn and understand the work of the group. Each of the founding members has renewed her membership. In fact, because of their experiences, many have brought new members into the group.
For the 2019/20 funding year, the group consisted of 51 individuals.
Examples of need where Women for DeSales has made an impact are below. Awards may range from $500 to $10,000.
Examples of previously funded projects:
- Sport Management Book Lending Library
- Career Development Center’s annual Etiquette Dinner
- Travel grants for the Center for Service and Social Justice
- Performing Arts Annual Showcase
- English Department’s Annual Poetry Festival
- Conference fees for students to attend the Pennsylvania Conference for Women
- Professional Development for graduate assistant coaches
- Academic Resource Center’s Textbook Lending Library
- Undergraduates research in the DeSales University Natural Science Department (NSD) Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program
- DeSales University Care Grants
For more information or to participate please contact:
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
610-282-1100 ext. 1245