Discover the many services the Trexler Library offers students, faculty, and staff. We are so much more than books and periodicals.
- Library Staff Directory
- Library Policies
- Book a Study Room
- Book the One Button Studio
- Book a 3D Anatomical Model
- Book a session in the Trexler Tutoring Room utilizing DSU TuturTrac
- Schedule a Research Appointment
- Interlibrary Loan Book Request
- Interlibrary Loan Article Request
- Request a Book for Purchase
- Ask a Librarian
- Renew Online
Your Trexler Library Card
If you have a DeSales University photo ID you have your library card! It's that simple. You can get your University ID by visiting the University Card Office in the University Center. Members of the community who wish to be library patrons can be issued a card after presenting a valid form of ID like a driver's license.
Printing and Computing at the Trexler Library
Wireless Printing on Campus
At DeSales University, we want to encourage users to collaborate and distribute documents digitally, rather than printing to a paper document. By doing this, the University's goals to achieve sustainability, become environmentally responsible, and reduce cost are met. To assist with these goals, DeSales University IT launched Paper Cut software to all faculty, staff, and students in August 2013. Paper Cut shows user's printing habits and gives the ability to print wirelessly to any public printer on campus. A link to Paper Cut is provided on the MyDSU portal.
Page allotments per semester:
- Faculty and Staff = 1,000 pages
- Students = 500 pages.
As users print, pages are deducted from their personal balance.
Once students reach -50 page balance, they will be unable to print to a network printer. On request to the Help Desk, student balances will be reset to 100 pages.
The Trexler Release Printers are located on the first and second floor of the library. Online help is available to use the printer whether you are at the library or sending a print job from somewhere else on campus. You will need to login to the Papercut system to print. Review our step by step guide for complete "how to" information.
- Log into Papercut and select the Trexler Release Printer or the Trexler 2nd floor Release Printer.
- Printing is double sided.
- You will need to sign in utilizing your MyDSU credentials at the Release Printer to release your print job(s).
- All of your print requests that you have submitted will be listed. You may uncheck requests that you do not need and/or that are duplicates.
- Your Print Job will be held in Papercut for two hours. After that time your job will be deleted and there is no way to recover it.
Computer and Printer Locations
For Students, Faculty, and Staff
With your DSU credential you can login to access any of our Macs, PCs, or printers located on the first floor, the second floor labs, or the second floor Kerr area.
- Printer: Trexler Release Printer. Use Papercut. Double Sided Only. (You will need to log into the printer to retrieve prints using MyDSU login in credentials)
- Printer: Trexler 2nd Floor Release Printer. Use Papercut. Double Sided Only.
For Community Members
As a member of our community we welcome you to access library databases, the Internet, and Microsoft Office from the designated Public Access Computer located on the first floor. Usage of Public Access computer is limited to two hours.
Printing is not available to Community Members. Please save your work to either the cloud (such as Google Drive or Dropbox) or to an external drive. Flash Drives are sold at the Circulation Desk for $4.00.
Respondus: LockDown and Monitor System
Respondus LockDown Browser Software
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system.
Where it is available in the library:
- PC Lab
- Laptops available at the Circulation Desk
Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser® that uses webcam and video technology. If your professor has requested use of Respondus Monitor you will need a webcam.
Where it is available in the library:
Laptops available at the Circulation Desk include the software and a webcam
Borrowing a Laptop
The library has several laptops to loan on premise. DeSales University Students, Staff, and Faculty may borrow laptops from the Circulation Desk for IN LIBRARY use only.
- To borrow a laptop the borrower must use their own valid DeSales, Marywood, or Chestnut Hill ID.
- The ID will be held at the checkout desk until the laptop is returned.
- A “Laptop Responsibility Form” must be read and signed each time a laptop is borrowed.
- If borrowers have outstanding library fines or charges that prevent them from checking out other library materials, they will not be allowed to check out laptops.
- Laptop computers are available for loan from the circulation desk.
- Loan period is two hours, Library Use Only, with one renewal permitted.
- Laptops are checked out on a "first-come, first-serve" basis (one per student).
- Laptops may not leave the library and are available for use in conjunction with the Library wireless network only.
- Printing from laptops is available through PaperCut.
- Users are responsible for loss, theft, or damage to laptops. Do not leave the laptop unattended. When returning your laptop, make sure the student assistant at the laptop desk checks the laptop in and verifies that the equipment is in good working order.
Loan Periods and Hours
- A laptop may be checked out for up to two hours.
- They may not be reserved.
- Laptops are available for checkout from opening time to 30 minutes before the library closes.
Fines and Fees
- Fines and fees apply to all users including students, faculty, and staff.
- Overdue fines are $10.00 for any portion of an hour if the laptop is not returned on time.
- Failure to return the laptop will result in being billed for a minimum of $2000 and a processing fee of $10.00.
- The user is responsible for the full replacement value or repair costs if the laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Fines and fees will be added to the patron's library record and transferred to the student’s or employee’s Bursar account.
Return to Circulation Desk
- The laptop with all accessories must be returned in person to a circulation staff who will examine the laptop to make sure the laptop is in working order and accessories are returned.
How to Use
- Turn on the laptop by pushing the round power button at the upper left of the keyboard. It may take a minute or two for Windows to boot up completely.
- Select Student. (Do not select Install). Login into the computer using:
- Log into the DeSales Network in order to connect to the Internet (this is necessary to use Lockdown Browser). Use your Desales username and password. If you encounter issues you may use the DeSales Guest Network which does not require a username and password. This is not recommended.
- When finished, shut down the computer. This will erase all of your files, passwords, and work you have done on the computer.
All user should periodically save files to a cloud storage device (such as Google Drive, Dropbox). Logging off, laptop crashing, or shutting the screen will result in ALL files/data being deleted. The library is not responsible for lost files.
- Users are not able to install applications on the laptops.
- The Library does not assume any responsibility for any files left on laptops.
Software Available on Laptops
- Respondus Lockdown Software
- Respondus Monitor Software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe base suite (flash, shockwave acrobat)