Doctor of Physical Therapy Program’s Class of 2023 Awarded Diplomas
Another class of aspiring health care providers has concluded its journey with the doctor of physical therapy program.
Twenty-eight students received their diplomas and then took the oath of a physical therapist at a special completion ceremony held in the DeSales University Center.
“These graduates have been working tirelessly for this day to come. Their road to this point has had its share of ups and downs and obstacles. Despite those, they have pressed on, we have worked together, and today they’ve arrived.”
Father Kevin Nadolski, OSFS, Ph.D., vice president for mission, addressed the class, sharing fond memories of seeing the graduates around campus and expressing gratitude for all that they have achieved.
“Thank you for your hearts of healing that will touch peoples’ pain-filled bodies and give them much more than comfort,” he said. “You will give them hope—the hope that comes from a loving and caring professional, whose tender touch can return them to a life that is dignified by your professional respect and love.”
The following students were recognized with awards:
• Class Speaker: Ashley Cochran ’20, D’23.
• Professional Excellence Award: Francesca Kaspar ’21, D’23.
• Academic Excellence Award: Kevin Danilowski D’23.
• Clinical Excellence Award: Salvatore Pagano D’23.
• Research Excellence Awards: Jason Merker D’23, Madison Oren D’23, and Madalyn Weinberger D’23.
• Salesian Spirit Award: Marlee Dillon ’21, D’23.
• The National Physical Therapy Student Honor Society: Christiana Vandegrift D’23, Madalyn Weinberger D’23, and Jessica Yonney ’20, D’23.
• The Pro Bono Network Honor Society: Marlee Dillon ’21, D’23, Francesca Kaspar ’21, D’23, and Madison Oren D’23.
• William A. Lavin Scholar Award: Ashley Cochran ’20, D’23.