Students: COVID-19 Vaccine Status Request
To achieve our vision of a healthy university experience this fall, we need your help.
- While we are strongly encouraging and not requiring vaccination, we ask that you voluntarily disclose your vaccination status using this form by July 30, 2021. We need to know our campus’s vaccination numbers so that we can make more informed decisions regarding your health and safety. Your vaccination status will be kept confidential; only the Wellness Center will have access to it.
A Note Regarding Vaccination:
- According to the CDC, COVID-19 vaccinations are safe and effective.
- Vaccination offers a critical layer of protection to your friends, family, and community.
- The more vaccinated individuals on campus, the less likely we are to revert to strict mitigation efforts.
- Vaccination offers increased flexibility for travel and social activities because fully-vaccinated individuals aren’t required to test or quarantine for COVID-19 unless symptomatic.
- In the spirit of Salesian Solidarity, it’s up to you to maintain a healthy living and learning environment. This includes frequently washing your hands, avoiding crowds, and staying away from others when sick.
We are looking forward to a more normal semester with a traditional academic calendar, in-person learning, no mask mandate, and the ability to host the activities and events that take your university experience to the next level. As always, our protocols are subject to change based upon our constantly evolving knowledge of the COVID-19 virus. However, if we work together to follow the above practices, we are much more likely to maintain our new normal.
Gerard J. Joyce Ph.D.
Executive Vice President