Congratulations, as a transfer student, you're about to start the next path along your college journey. Think of Transfer Orientation as your GPS to help guide you to a successful experience at DeSales!
Everything a Transfer Student needs to know to get started in the right direction at DeSales happens at orientation. If you haven't had your picture taken yet for your DSU ID, you can have it taken then—so bring a smile! In addition to getting familiar with the new student basics like resources on campus, you will also have time to meet lots of new and have a great time.
The fall Transfer Orientation takes place in August. If you've made your deposit, you will receive your invitation through regular mail regarding the event dates. In the meantime, here's a typical Transfer Orientation schedule:
- 10 am-noon: Transfer students who will be living on campus move into residence halls. Check-in at the McShea Student Union.
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Welcome to parents and students at Labuda Theatre.
Your day starts at 9:00 am with the following sessions follow throughout the day:
- University Center - breakfast (optional)
- Campus Safety - University Center
- Meet with Faculty from your major
- Clubs and Organizations Fair
- Classes Begin. Go get 'em!