MBA - Management, MBA
Online or on campus, the DeSales MBA with a concentration in Management prepares you to make significant contributions in business.
A Credential for Success in Virtually Any Industry
Every industry relies on sound business acumen to drive desired outcomes. Management professionals with the right credentials are an integral part of organizational growth and success. This is where the DeSales MBA program comes in. It combines core business administration courses with leading edge coursework in management to give you the tools and knowledge you need for a long successful career--whatever industry you choose. The Capstone course provides you the opportunity to integrate what you've learned into a culminating activity.
The DeSales MBA program is top-ranked by US News and World Report, Lehigh Valley Business, and OnlineMBAToday.com. Known for our superior personal service and unparalleled flexibility, our advisors will assist you from the application process through graduation.
With our open enrollment policy, you can start the program at any point throughout the year. You don't need a degree in business or a related field. Plus, foundation classes are offered for those who need a basic understanding of business principles. And, a GMAT waiver is available to those who qualify.
Admissions to the MBA program are on a rolling basis.
Application Fee: $50 - waived if you attend a free information session.
- Current resume (our part-time program is geared toward working adults)
- Completed application
- 3 professional references/recommendation letters
- A personal statement explaining why you want to pursue an MBA and what you feel you could bring to the classroom discussion/experience, etc.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution or GMAT may be required
DeSales University's institutional reporting code is: 002021
To be eligible for the MBA program, you must have completed the following equivalent undergraduate courses:
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
Prior academic course work to satisfy the undergraduate foundation course requirements should normally have been completed within the seven years preceding the date of acceptance into the program, with course grades of "C" or better. Each course should be the equivalent of at least three credit hours of academic work.
If you have not successfully completed these courses, you must make them up using any one or a combination of the following three options:
- Undergraduate level CLEP examination
- Credit By Examination. See the Credit by Examination section of the Graduate Catalog
- Graduate level foundation course(s):
- FD 501 Essentials of Economics
- FD 502 Management and Marketing Principles
- FD 503 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FD 506 Managerial Statistics
- FD 505 Foundations of Business - available to anyone with a Master's degree or higher. Speak with an advisor for more information.
About the foundation courses:
- Foundation courses facilitate accelerated coverage of prerequisite subject matter.
- The pace is rapid and significant preparation outside of class is expected.
- Completion of foundation courses does not reduce or substitute the MBA graduation requirements.
- Grades earned in these courses will not be computed in the graduate GPA.
- Information about the equivalency between Undergraduate Foundation Courses and Graduate Level Foundation Courses is available through the MBA office.
- You should complete your foundation courses before taking any core, concentration, or elective courses.
Additional Required InformationInternational Students
English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL
Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
You are only 12 courses away from earning your MBA with a concentration in Management
The DeSales MBA with a concentration in Management consists of:
- 7 Core Courses
- 3 Concentration Courses
- 1 Elective Course
- 1 Capstone Integrating Course
DeSales Part-Time MBA Core Courses
All MBA students must complete all core courses. Distinguishing characteristics of the DeSales MBA program are an emphasis on executive skills development, general management orientation, integration of skills and values, and an attempt to link theory and practice.
- CR 501 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- CR 503 Business and Society
- CR 504 Marketing Management
- CR 505 Organization Management
- CR 506 Financial Management
- CR 507 Executive Skills Development
- CR 508 Business Computing
Management Concentration Courses
Successful completion of a minimum of three concentration courses is required.
- MG 501 Management of Human Resources
- MG 502 Organizational Analysis and Design
- MG 503 Entrepreneurship
- MG 504 Managerial Decision-Making
- MG 505 International Management
- MG 510 Seminar in Management
- MG 520 Special Topics in Management
In addition to required courses — and in order to provide meaningful options, added breadth, greater diversity, and positive enrichment — a variety of elective courses will be scheduled as demand requires and resources permit. Any concentration course can be used as an elective.
Capstone Integrating Course
CR 510 Policy and Strategy must be completed by all students with a minimum grade of “B”. It must also be taken as the last or second-to-last course before graduation.
The DeSales University Gambet Center includes state-of-the-art technology and equipment for Business education.
The second floor of the Center is home to the undergraduate business division and the MBA program. Through the Gambet Center, you'll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies and programs in the field:
- The Talen Energy Trading Room boasts a live-ticker and trading simulation software.
- The Fleming Institute for Business Ethics hosts an annual ethics competition for undergraduates and high-school students.
- The Kamran Afshar Data Analytics Center at DeSales University (KADAC) is a consulting firm specializing in market research, customer satisfaction surveys, and economic analysis.
The Center is a showcase of green architecture featuring environmentally advanced design consistent with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Tuition & Fees
Program Costs for 2019-2020
- Tuition/credit hour: $855
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
DeSales University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program to aid in the education of our veterans.
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
- Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.
Kamran Afshar Data Analytics Center at DeSales University
DeSales has joined forces with leading economist Dr. Kamran Afshar on a groundbreaking data analytics center that puts students at the forefront of research and consulting.
Prospective clients include banks, retailers, and housing and real estate developers, as well as local and state governments. Students will work real-world client projects — everything from customer satisfaction surveys and business purchasing intentions to economic impact analyses.