MBA - Management, Master's
The DeSales MBA with a concentration in Management prepares you to make significant contributions in business.
Every industry relies on sound business acumen to drive desired outcomes. Management professionals with the right credentials are an integral part of organizational growth and success.
This is where the DeSales MBA program comes in.
Our program combines core business administration courses with leading edge coursework in management to give you the tools and knowledge you need for a long successful career in whatever industry you choose.
The Capstone course provides you the opportunity to integrate what you've learned into a culminating activity.
The DeSales MBA Program
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally recognized by Lehigh Valley Business
- Superior personalized attention from advisors
- Industry experienced faculty
- Open enrollment - start anytime
- GMAT waiver available for qualifying students
- Career development support
- FREE professional development opportunities
Admissions to the MBA program are on a rolling basis.
- Current resume (our part-time program is geared toward working adults)
- Completed application
- 2 professional references/recommendation letters
- A personal statement explaining why you want to pursue an MBA and what you feel you could bring to the classroom discussion/experience, etc.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution or GMAT may be required
DeSales University's institutional reporting code is: 002021
To be eligible for the MBA program, you may need to complete foundational courses to ensure your academic success. Academic advisors will evaluate your undergraduate transcripts and provide you with advice on preparatory courses.
Additional Required Information
English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL (minimum score of 90)
Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
You are only 12 courses away from earning your MBA with a concentration in Management
The DeSales MBA with a concentration in Management consists of:
- 7 Core Courses
- 3 Concentration Courses
- 1 Elective Course
- 1 Capstone Integrating Course
DeSales Part-Time MBA Core Courses
All MBA students must complete all core courses. Distinguishing characteristics of the DeSales MBA program are an emphasis on executive skills development, general management orientation, integration of skills and values, and an attempt to link theory and practice.
- CR 501 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- CR 503 Business and Society
- CR 504 Marketing Management
- CR 505 Organization Management
- CR 506 Financial Management
- CR 507 Executive Skills Development
- CR 508 Business Computing
Management Concentration Courses
Successful completion of a minimum of three concentration courses is required.
- MG 501 Management of Human Resources
- MG 502 Organizational Analysis and Design
- MG 503 Entrepreneurship
- MG 504 Managerial Decision-Making
- MG 505 International Management
- MG 510 Seminar in Management
- MG 520 Special Topics in Management
In addition to required courses — and in order to provide meaningful options, added breadth, greater diversity, and positive enrichment — a variety of elective courses will be scheduled as demand requires and resources permit. Any concentration course can be used as an elective.
Capstone Integrating Course
CR 510 Policy and Strategy must be completed by all students with a minimum grade of “B”. It must also be taken as the last or second-to-last course before graduation.
The DeSales University Gambet Center includes state-of-the-art technology and equipment for Business education.
The second floor of the Center is home to the undergraduate business division and the MBA program. Through the Gambet Center, you'll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies and softwares, such as Financial Trading Systems (FTS):
- The Fainor Center for Financial Services boasts a live-ticker and trading simulation software.
- The Center for Data Analytics and Applied AI provides education and training, inclusive outreach, and applied projects for our stakeholder organizations.
The Gambet Center is a showcase of green architecture featuring environmentally advanced design consistent with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $915*
- Total Cost Grad Certificate (12 credits): $10,980
- Total Cost Master's Degree (36 credits): $32,940**
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
DeSales University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program to aid in the education of our veterans.
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
- Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund
What keeps the DeSales MBA on the vanguard of excellence? "...DeSales MBA engages with members of the DSU Business Advisory Council to ensure our curriculum aligns with industry trends, job requirements, and market opportunities. In addition, we engage corporate and private company leaders to obtain feedback about how to better partner and create joint success stories."
— Dr. Karen Kent, DeSales' MBA Program Director
Online Learning at DeSales
Brightspace by D2LTM is our online learning system.