Summer of STEM for Teachers
Advance your teaching career. Open more opportunities and become a valued Pennsylvania Department of Education Endorsed STEM Educator by completing the Summer of STEM program at DeSales University!
Highlights of the Summer of STEM certificate program include:
- Completion of an entire PDE STEM endorsement program in 1 comprehensive summer
- Act 48 hours granted for each of the four courses
- Week-long instruction with hands-on, minds-on experiences in each of the four courses
- Courses facilitated by experienced STEM curricular and instructional leaders
- Capacity building of your own school STEM curriculum, Maker Spaces, and the community resources available to you
- Become a leader of STEM education for your colleagues
The application deadline is June 4, 2023, or when we reach capacity. Apply by May 1 and application fee will be waived.
Pennsylvania’s ESSA State Plan highlights STEM Innovation and Capacity. The PDE-STEM Endorsement at DeSales University requires all four of these experiential courses during the month of July. Cost is $400 per credit for this program.
- Introduction to STEM Education
Introduction to STEM Education is an integrative approach across the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Come increase your breadth of knowledge, understanding, and perspective on STEM education for use now and into the future.
- STEM Content & Practices
STEM Content & Practices helps you build your STEM toolbox, enhance your content base, and lets you plan instructional practices for the disciplines you want and need. Spend time observing, building, and formulating your curriculum.
- Learning STEM Through Experimentation
Learning STEM Through Experimentation involves inquiry- and problem-based activities. Engage in authentic and relevant content, cooperative team-building methods, and experiment with strategies to further craft your STEM skill set.
- Fostering STEM Connections
Fostering STEM Connections permits an opportunity to examine the relationships between curriculum, instruction, and assessment in STEM education. Cultivate connections, access resources, and prepare to become a leader of STEM education beyond your summer of STEM.
DeSales University offers an expedited STEM Endorsement program providing innovative instruction with embedded practical experience. The STEM endorsement is ideal for teachers with a passion for promoting integrative STEM learning and desired skills as well as preparing students for pursuit of STEM careers and effective citizenship in the 21st century.