How to Apply to ABSN
We're glad you are interested in applying for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at DeSales. As part of the application process, we ask that you carefully review these guidelines prior to applying. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Two ways to apply
ABSN Application Requirements
- Completed online application and non-refundable fee of $35
- Minimum graduating cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Entrance exams are NOT required.
- Completed prerequisite coursework
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at any accredited university or college
- Electronic official transcripts can be sent to: email@example.com
- Paper official transcripts can be mailed to: DeSales University, Department of Nursing & Health, 2755 Station Ave., Center Valley PA 18034
- Nursing courses from other universities or institutions will not transfer; all nursing courses, with the exception of NU 305 Therapeutic Nutrition, must be completed at DeSales University.
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Inc., with the resulting report submitted directly to the address above. Please visit naces.org for additional information. DeSales University’s institutional reporting code is 002021
- Two letters of professional recommendation from individuals who are able to gauge the applicant’s qualifications, for example professors, managers, supervisors, volunteer coordinators, etc. These should not be from colleagues, classmates, and/or family members. Recommendations can be electronically requested after you submit your application.
- Personal Essay must be uploaded as an attachment in the online application portal and meet the following criteria:
- Explain how the program will help you achieve your professional goals; and your motivation or desire to become a nurse
- Essays must be typed using Times News Roman, 12 pt. font size, double-spaced, and a maximum of 2 pages
- Résumé - must be uploaded as an attachment in the online application portal
The deadline for the May 2020 cohort is October 15, 2019.
Select applicants will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis until the application deadline.
In order to secure a place in the class, accepted students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable tuition seat deposit; along with the Tuition Deposit Seat Acceptance agreement. Upon matriculation, the $500 seat deposit will be credited towards tuition.
Learn more about admission clearances, progression policies, withdrawal refund information and more. See important program admission details
Information for Applicants Born Outside of the United States
All applicants to the Accelerated BSN program who were not born in the United States are required to take the TOEFL iBT* (Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language). Official test results must be mailed directly from the testing agency to the Department of Nursing in a sealed envelope.
- Applicants must obtain a total score of 100 with a minimum score of 26 for speaking
- The TOEFL iBT Test must have been taken within two years of application to the program
- Up-to-date information can be found at: TOEFL
- Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for further details