Contact the Salesian Center
Rev. Alexander Pocetto, O.S.F.S., Ph.D.
Senior Salesian Scholar
610-282-1100 ext. 1234
As the resident scholar, Rev. Pocetto, a retired vice-president at DeSales University, coordinates research, publications, and presentations related to the legacy of Salesian spirituality at DeSales University.
Lore Anna McFadden, MBA, PMP
Director of Programs
610-282-1100 ext. 1244 & 1464
As the director of programs, Lore is responsible for all aspects of programming for the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
The Center is also assisted by several work-study positions held by students on campus.
The direction of the Salesian Center's programs and activities is also facilitated through the advice of competent and committed persons serving on the following committees.
Salesian Center Advisors
Comprised of faculty and staff at DeSales University, this committee provides ongoing evaluation of the programs and activities of the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
In particular, the tasks of this committee include: determining admission to programs of the Salesian Center; selecting award winners for activities in the Salesian Center; and contributing to grant applications from the Salesian Center.
The committee usually meets at 12:30 p.m., in the Salesian Center, on the following schedule:
- in September (20) - to select students for enrollment in the Faith & Reason Honors Program
- in February (14) - to review the Ryan Leadership Institute student invitations
- in April (25) - to select the best thesis recipient for the Faith & Reason Honors thesis (Wings of Truth)
- Dr. Thomas Craig, Assistant Professor, Division of Business
- Dr. Boyce Jubilan - Associate Professor of Psychology, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
- Lore McFadden - Director of Programs, Salesian Center for Faith & Culture
- Tom McNamara - Executive Director of Communications, Institutional Advancement
- Gracia Perilli, Associate Director, Athletics
- Lisa Plummer, Director of Research & Analysis, Institutional Research
- Chad Serfass, Director of the DeSales Experience, Student Life
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Doyle-Tadduni, Chair/Associate Professor, Dept. of Nursing & Health
- Derrick Wetzel - Dean of Enrollment Management
Student Advisory Committee
Comprised of current students, freshman, sophomore, Junior, and Senior, who volunteer to share their thoughts on time and topic of Salesian Center programming.
General tasks for this committee include assisting in developing programs and activities that would be of particular interest to current students.
Specific objectives for this committee, in order of priority, focus on: generating student participation in our partnership programs; establishing a student event that incorporated alumni and is relevant to the work of the Salesian Center; and increasing outreach to students and alumni via electronic communications.
When active, the Committee usually meets at the beginning of each semester in the Salesian Center.Current participants:
- Adrian Anatalio, Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Grace Manidis, English
- Christian McCormick, Theology/Marketing
- Fran Fasanello, Early Childhood Education
- Matt Beard, Communication
- Isabel Fernandez, Communication
- Matt Trovato, Psychology/Philosophy
- Larissa Costa, Nursing
- Alaine DeSantis, Theology (2018 SCFC Intern)