The Salesian Center for Faith & Culture sponsors an informal discussion group for interested full-time faculty & staff at DSU who read a book of contemporary cultural concern and share their reviews of it.
Through a generous endowment, the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture provides the books to be read and a free lunch. Participants need only provide their interest and their thoughts.
The group meets three times, at six-week intervals, in each of the Fall and Spring semesters. Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
HOW TO JOIN the Lunch Bunch:
(1) Review the texts under consideration for the next semester from a list of potential books. (Book List FALL 2018)
(2) Choose THREE (3) books and prioritize them according to your own interest (#1 being your first choice to read, #2 your second, #3 your third).
(3) Send your priority list via email to Lore McFadden and indicate your interest in joining this year's group and your availability to do so ... this only works if everyone attends the discussions.
(4) The FALL 2018 group will be selected on July 1, 2018 so that books can be ordered ... so get your entries in before then!
The PARTICIPANTS in the FALL 2018 DeSales Book Club are:
- Kathryn Buschan - Director of Disability Services / Disability Services
- Melissa A Carroll - Assistant Professor / Doctor of Physical Therapy / Division of Healthcare
- Bill Dwyer - (retired) Associate Professor / Division of Business
- Kathleen Ehrhardt - Assistant Program Director, Academic Coordinator & Assistant Professor / Physician Assistant Program
- Michael Gallagher - Assistant Professor and Department Chair / Division of Business
- Eric Hagan - Director / Distance Education and Instructional Technology
- Chris Hewatt - Instructional Designer / Distance Education and Instructional Technology
- Greg Kerr - Associate Professor of Philosophy / Division of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Program
- Kathy Krause - Department Secretary / Career Development Center
- Teresa Manion - Department Secretary / Division of Healthcare
- Lore McFadden - Director of Programs / Salesian Center for Faith & Culture
- Bro. Joseph Schodowski - General Maintenance / Campus Environment
- Valerie Wolfenden - Division Secretary, Assistant to Fr. Gambet & Dr. Jeffrey Focht / Division of Business
Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture. so be certain that you can attend ALL the meetings.
Lunch is provided and we will discuss the following books:
Funding for the series is provided through the
"Althea A. Livirrie and Joseph & Rose Livirrie
Endowment for Arts & Culture."