The Salesian Center for Faith & Culture sponsors an informal discussion group for interested full-time faculty & staff at DSU who read a book of contemporary cultural concern and share their reviews of it.
Through a generous endowment, the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture provides the books to be read and a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!). Participants need only provide their interest and their thoughts.
The group meets three times, at six-week intervals, in each of the Fall and Spring semesters. Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
HOW TO JOIN the Lunch Bunch:
(1) Review the texts under consideration for the next semester from a list of potential books. (Lunch Bunch list Spring 2018)
(2) Choose THREE (3) books and prioritize them according to your own interest (#1 being your first choice to read, #2 your second, #3 your third).
(3) Send your priority list via email to Lore McFadden and indicate your interest in joining this year's Lunch Bunch and your availability to do so.
(4) The SPRING 2018 "bunch" will be selected on December 13, 2017 so that books can be ordered ... so get your entries in before then!
The PARTICIPANTS in the SPRING 2018 Lunch Bunch are:
- Bill Dwyer - (retired) Associate Professor / Division of Business
- Kathryn Buschan - Director of Disability Services / Disability Services
- Kathleen Ehrhardt - Assistant Program Director, Academic Coordinator & Assistant Professor / Physician Assistant Program
- Melissa A Carroll - Assistant Professor / Doctor of Physical Therapy / Division of Healthcare
- Michael Gallagher - Assistant Professor and Department Chair / Division of Business
- Eric Hagan - Director / Distance Education and Instructional Technology
- Jim Holton - Senior Instructional Technologist & Designer / Distance Education and Instructional Technology
- Greg Kerr - Associate Professor of Philosophy / Division of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Program
- Kathy Krause - Department Secretary / Career Development Center
- Teresa Manion - Department Secretary / Division of Healthcare
- Lore McFadden - Director of Programs / Salesian Center for Faith & Culture
Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture. so be certain that you can attend ALL the meetings.
Lunch is provided and we will discuss the following books:
Funding for the series is provided through the
"Althea A. Livirrie and Joseph & Rose Livirrie
Endowment for Arts & Culture."