| Gregg McCrary |
Gregg McCrary, M.A.
610.282.1100 ext. 1466
Gregg entered on duty as a Special Agent with the FBI in 1969 and retired in 1995. He served in various investigative capacities throughout the United States and served as a Supervisory Special Agent with the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit from 1988-1995. While with the unit, he constructed behavioral profiles, and provided analysis regarding a wide range of crimes including extortions, stalking, product tampering, sex crimes and homicide. He has conducted research regarding sex offenders, bombers, extortionists, child killers and other types of criminals and crimes. He has provided expert witness testimony in North America and Europe and has testified before Select Senate Committees on Sexual Violence in New York State and Massachusetts. He has consulted on thousands of cases throughout North America, Central America, Europe and Asia. Gregg has provided expert commentary to ABC, NBC, CBS, Cable News Network (CNN), The Discovery Channel, Larry King Live, The New York Times, Time, Newsweek and numerous other media nationally and internationally. He currently works as an independent contractor for the Threat Assessment Group (TAG) and Park Dietz and Associates, a forensic litigation group, both headquartered in Newport Beach, California.
Professional Training - Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Selective Operations Seminar (1978)
- Drug Enforcement Administration Training (1979)
- Labor Racketeering (1980)
- Special Weapons and Tactics (1980)
- Expert Firearms and Defensive Tactics Instructors School (1981)
- Crisis Management (1981)
- White Collar Crime/Fraud (1982)
- Profile/NCAVC Coordinator (1985)
- Narcotics Raid Planning (1986)
- Advanced Profile/NCAVC Coordinator (1987)
- Criminal Sexuality Instructor (1987)
- Arson Investigation (1988)
- Advanced Criminal Sexuality Instructor (1991)
- Advanced Violent Crime Investigators Seminar (1992)
- Basic and Advanced Forensic Pathology
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (1988)
- Reid School of Interview and Interrogation (1988)
- Scientific Content Analysis by Avinom Sapir Rockville, MD (1991)
- Psychopathy and Crime: Dr. Robert D. Hare, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia (1999)
- ICIAF training, Key West Florida (2001)
- ICIAF training, Barre, Ontario (2001)
- CPTED Certification: National Crime Prevention Institute (2001)
- Institute of Law Psychiatry and Public Policy, University of Virginia: Assessing Criminal Behavior: The Importance of How the Crime was Committed (2003)
- Reading People: Risk of Violence Predictions (2005)
- Youth and Young Adults: Violence Risk Assessment, Prevention and Threat Management (2008)
- ICIAF training - Crime Scene Reconstruction (Certified) (2008)
Wright, J.A., Burgess, A.G., Burgess, A.W., Laszlo, A.T., McCrary, G.O., and Douglas, J.E. (1996). "A typology of interpersonal stalking." Journal of Interpersonal Violence 11(4): 487-502.
McCrary, G.O. (2003). The Unknown Darkness; Profiling the Predators Among Us. Co-authored with Dr. Katherine Ramsland. New York: William Morrow.