Two ways to apply
1. Directly through DeSales University "Apply Online" button
2. We also accept applications via NursingCAS
MSN Application Requirements
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Copy of current RN license
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Official copy of GRE or MAT scores if the applicant's cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0
- For the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) track, evidence of the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time nursing practice in an adult acute care/ICU specialty area (i.e. medical/surgical ICU, trauma ICU, neuro/neurosurgical ICU, cardiac ICU, open heart unit, burn unit, etc.) within 18 months of application completion. Should a prospective student apply to the AGACNP program with less than 2 years of acute care/ICU nursing experience, they will be required to continue their work in the acute care/ICU setting to fulfill the two years of nursing practice experience required to progress through the program. All admission to the AGACNP program will be at the discretion of the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program Coordinator.
- For the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) track, evidence of the equivalent of 12 months full-time experience as a practicing psychiatric RN within 18 months of application completion. Students will be required to continue to work as a psychiatric nurse while in the program if they have less than 2 years of psychiatric nursing experience prior to program acceptance.
Upon matriculation, students will be required to maintain the following:
- Current professional liability insurance
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR or ACLS certification
- Current criminal background check, child abuse clearance, FBI fingerprinting and drug screening
Information for Applicants Born Outside of the United States
- International applicants born in a country where the official language is other than English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the past two (2) years. Applicants must take the TOEFL iBT (internet-based) format and achieve a minimum total score of 104, with a minimum score of 26 in each of the Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing sub-scales. Please visit www.ets.org for additional information.
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Inc., with the resulting report submitted directly to the address above. Please visit www.naces.org for additional information.
DeSales University’s institutional reporting code is 002021
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required:
- one from a graduate program faculty member or direct supervisor from present employment
- one from a professional colleague
Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
This should reflect all evidence of professional career achievements, publications, presentations, or other forms of professional scholarship.
Written in narrative format and addresses each of the following:
- Why you chose your intended MSN track
- How this academic program will help you meet your career goals
- Where you see your career 5 years post-graduation
- Additional relevant information that may assist the Committee in the overall evaluation of your application
This statement should be 500 – 750 words in length and demonstrate evidence of strong written communication skills.
Questions about your application?
Contact: email@example.com or 610-282-1100, x1664