DeSales University invites applications for full-time faculty positions in our entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT). Over the next 18 months, the program seeks candidates with experience in orthopaedics, geriatrics, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, wound care, ethics, and wellness/prevention to round out our plans for a team of 8 faculty colleagues to coordinate and direct our contemporary, integrated curriculum. The ideal candidates for these positions will have the opportunity to influence the development of the curriculum and will also participate in the design of our dedicated research lab, including selection of equipment to expand professional lines of scholarly inquiry. Qualified applicants will present the following requirements for consideration:
- An earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, DHS) from an accredited institution in the sciences related to physical therapy or higher education.ABD candidates will be considered.
- 3 to 5 years contemporary clinical practice expertise.Board certified clinical specialist preferred.
- Prior teaching at the university level.Experience in curriculum development and accreditation process preferred.
- Licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Active membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until all positions are filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit: (1) an introductory letter of interest, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3) statement of teaching philosophy, (4) contact information for three professional references to the Program Director, Dr. Kay Malek at email@example.com.
Learn more »