MSN + MBA: Nursing and Business Administration Dual Degree, MSN + MBA
The Nurse Executive MSN/MBA Dual Degree program prepares graduates for employment in executive leadership positions throughout healthcare systems and organizations.
The business focus of this program will give you the knowledge and skills required of nurse leaders in administration, management, and health policy roles. At the same time, you'll gain nursing science expertise in both scientific and practice disciplines.
- Our program is offered in both full- and part-time settings through an online, in-class, or hybrid format.
- Our students complete clinical requirements in our network of nationally-ranked clinical facilities throughout the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
As an MSN/MBA graduate, you will be eligible to take the Advanced Nurse Administrator certification examination offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Administrative practicum placements are arranged by the Clinical Liaison and Clinical Faculty in nationally-ranked clinical facilities throughout the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
Full-time or part-time class schedules
- Full-time students can complete the program in three calendar years
- Part-time students can complete the program in five calendar years
Online, hybrid and in-class courses
- Complete all courses completely online or in hybrid format
MSN Admissions Requirements
Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
An active registered nurse license or eligibility for licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. New Jersey licensure as a registered nurse is also required prior to beginning the clinical sequence for all MSN programs.
Evidence of the equivalent of 12 months full-time nursing practice within the last three (3) years
For the Post-Master's Certification Programs, evidence of a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a practicing licensed registered nurse within the past two (2) years
*For applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement, completion of the GRE or MAT will be required to be considered for admission to the program
*For applicants born outside of the United States, where the official language is other than English, completion of the TOEFL will be required to be considered for admission to the program
We're glad you are interested in applying for the Dual Degree Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Business Administration program at DeSales.
In addition to meeting the admissions requirements to the MSN program, the admission requirements for MSN/MBA programs include:
- Meeting the admissions requirements to the MBA program
- Completing the necessary forms for application to both the MSN and MBA programs, forwarding all materials to the Department of Nursing and Health.
The curriculum for the MSN/MBA program combines leadership and business principles with the tenets of healthcare, from both a clinical and administrative perspective. This blend of courses will result in a highly sought-after credential, the MSN/MBA, and will result in a unique skill set that encompasses financial, legal, strategic, clinical, and legal training.
Here is a sampling of courses you'll take*:
MSN Core Courses
- NU 522: Health Policy, Organization & Financing
- NU 530: Applied Research
- NU 536: Clinical Prevention in Population Health
- NU 538: Health Informatics, Quality, & Safety
MBA Core Courses
- CR 501: Financial and Managerial Accounting
- CR 504: Marketing Management
- CR 505: Organization Management
- CR 506: Financial Management
- CR 507: Executive Skill Development
- CR 508: Business Computing
MSN/MBA Curriculum Summary
- 18 Courses plus Portfolio
- 58 Credits
- 525 Clinical Practicum Hours
*View all required courses and MSN program outcomes in the Graduate Catalog.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) are as follows.
- Tuition/credit hour: $840
- Application Fee: $50
- Re-admission Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Laboratory Fee*: $250
- Returned Check Service: $30
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at DeSales University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).