Graduate Certificate – Business Analytics – Data Modeling, Certificate
Become skilled at data queries using:
- structured query language (SQL)
- project management
- and governance of ethical and social concerns
Choose to become proficient in R or Python or complete a data analytics project in accounting/finance, healthcare, or marketing.
From Gartner “Data Trends 2022"
- HR leaders report that data skills—analytical abilities and data science—topped the list of the most in-demand skills for 2021. As public conversations grow increasingly data heavy, not everyone will need to be a data scientist, but they will need basic data fluency and analytical skills.
- Educational institutions with data skills initiatives report 11.5% higher six-month job-placement rates for students than universities without them.
- Despite 83% of CEOs wanting more data-driven organizations, only 43% of digital natives consider themselves data literate.
The business analyst job outlook is bright.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for management analysts as of May 2020 was $87,660. The BLS projects that demand for management analysts will increase by 11% between 2019 and 2029, which is much faster than average for all occupations. The BLS also highlights that competition for management analyst jobs will be strong due to the occupation’s high earnings potential.
Admissions to the MS in Business Analytics program are on a rolling basis.
- Current resume (our part-time program is geared toward working adults) or your LinkedIn url.
- Completed application
- 2 professional references/recommendation letters
- A personal statement explaining why you want to pursue this degree and what you feel you could bring to the classroom discussion/experience, etc.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution. Exceptions to the GPA requirement will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Required Information
English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL (minimum score of 90)
Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
- Define business problems, and gather requirements, plan, organize, and execute the iterative processes necessary to solve them
- Use structured query language (SQL) programming to extract data, design and manage datasets and databases
- Communicate business-relevant results effectively and tell persuasive data analytics stories in both written and spoken formats
- Govern datasets throughout the analytical process while considering legal, ethical, and social impacts for the organization
Four 3-Credit Courses
- BA502 (IT511) [SQL] (3 credits)
- PM501 (3 credits)
- IT546 Ethical & Social Issues (3 credits)
- Choice of 1 functional elective: AC503, IT580, MK503, IT513 [R], IT562 [Python] (3 credits)
The DeSales University Gambet Center includes state-of-the-art technology and equipment for Business education.
The second floor of the Center is home to the undergraduate business division and the MBA program. Through the Gambet Center, you'll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies and softwares, such as Financial Trading Systems (FTS):
- The Fainor Center for Financial Services boasts a live-ticker and trading simulation software.
- The Center for Data Analytics and Applied AI provides education and training, inclusive outreach, and applied projects for our stakeholder organizations.
The Gambet Center is a showcase of green architecture featuring environmentally advanced design consistent with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Careers & Internships
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $915*
- Total Cost Graduate Certificate (12 credits): $10,980
- Total Cost (30 credits): $27,450**
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
DeSales University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program to aid in the education of our veterans.
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
- Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund
Operations Research/Business Analyst are listed among the Top 20 Fastest Growing Occupations.
— U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Center for Data Analytics and Applied AI
Based at DeSales University in the Lehigh Valley in eastern Pennsylvania, the Center for Data Analytics and Applied AI provides education and training, inclusive outreach, and applied projects for our stakeholder organizations.
We prepare people for jobs as business analysts, data analysts, and data scientists — some of the most sought after careers in the US and abroad with high starting salaries.