Social Media Participation Waiver
I agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions when given access to DeSales University’s official social media accounts:
- I will not share the login information to any social media accounts under any circumstances.
- I will not change any logistical information on the account or any content associated therewith, including but not limited to the username, password, email, and profile photo.
- I will not add or remove individual users unless otherwise directed by the Director of Web Communications.
- I am only to post content to the story/wall and will not send content directly to individual users/followers. I will also not view other followers from these accounts.
- I am only to post content during the times approved by the Director of Web Communications.
- I will not share confidential or proprietary information about DeSales University or its employees, students, alumni, or affiliates that would violate such person’s rights to privacy under applicable federal and stare laws and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, FERPA, and other DeSales University policies.
- I will not use any account to communicate or store information classified as confidential or private or otherwise considered privileged or sensitive by DeSales University.
- I will not share personally identifiable information that can be used to locate an individual offline, including but not limited to phone numbers, home or local addresses, social security numbers, banner IDs, birth dates, and email addresses.
- I will not share content that shows (or may be perceived to show) an individual getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated; that might be considered racist, bigoted or demeaning to a particular group of individuals; that depicts activity that is (or may be perceived to be) illegal, profane, or unsafe; or that could be construed as contrary to the mission of DeSales University or the teachings of the Catholic Church; or that could otherwise harm DeSales University.
- I will not share any content in a way that violates copyright and/or applicable intellectual property laws.
- I will not use DeSales University social media accounts for my own personal gain, i.e., to promote another business or cause in which I have a vested interest.
- I will not use DeSales University accounts to comment on or promote any political issue, campaign, or candidate.
- I grant DeSales University a non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable license to any text, photo, video, illustration or other content I generate and post on a University site.
Social media usage at DeSales University is governed by the same policies that govern all other procedures, communications, and behaviors at DeSales University. A disciplinary or other review may be initiated if any online activity violates this contract or any University policy, or if it subjects the University to liability for such acts. For the purpose of these conditions, “content” includes but is not limited to text, photos, videos, sound clips and other forms of communication.