Online Graduate Certificate—One-Course Scholarships* Awarded
DeSales University is offering One-Course Scholarships* in the high demand fields of Cyber Security and Digital Forensics.
Take advantage of having one of four courses paid for while earning your Online Graduate Certificate. That's a 25% savings off the total cost of your certificate!
Complete the form below to be entered to win one of ten one-course scholarships* (valued up to $2,520) towards a graduate certificate. Five scholarships for Cyber Security and five scholarships for Digital Forensics will be awarded by June 15, 2019.
* The One-Course Scholarship is estimated at a value of up to $2,520 based on current course costs. Actual scholarship value is subject to change. Scholarship is only applicable toward tuition fees. Scholarship is only applicable to courses offered in Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 sessions. Applicant is required to meet all admissions standards to qualify for Scholarship. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Online Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
In the rapidly evolving field of cyber security, the need for continuing education and information sharing is paramount. Adding a Cyber Security Graduate Certificate to your professional training will make you an extremely valuable employee.
Earn a graduate certificate in just 4 courses.
The Cyber Security Graduate Certificate is a 12-credit program requiring four (4) of these five courses:
- Vulnerability Assessment - Students will learn vulnerability assessment best practices and validate their design through penetration testing.
- IT Security - Students will learn the goals of preserving the integrity and availability of data, and preventing unauthorized access to information.
- Wireless Technology Management - Students will learn the management of wireless technologies: implementation issues, configuration and roaming standards, limitations, and emerging trends.
- Cyber Security Management - Students will get exposure to operational cyber security through risk assessment, business continuity planning, and disaster recovery.
- Cryptography - Confidentiality, integrity, and authentication (CIA) principles are exhibited using cryptography best practices.
Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Forensics
There is strong demand for qualified individuals with expertise in digital forensics investigative techniques and the proper methods and tools for handling digital evidence. The Digital Forensics Graduate Certificate offers cutting-edge curriculum, nationally
recognized educators, and accelerated, flexible class schedules. Students have the opportunity to utilize forensic tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), and Axiom.
Earn a graduate certificate in just 4 courses.
The Digital Forensics Graduate Certificate is a 12-credit program requiring these four (4) courses:
- Digital Investigation and Evidence Collection - Examine strategies to investigate tech crimes and learn how to properly seize digital evidence.
- Forensic Acquisition and Analysis - Begin to image and analyze digital evidence by using professional forensic examination software.
- Network and Cloud Forensics - Learn techniques for investigations that involve computer networking, email message analysis, and collecting data from the cloud.
- Special Topics in Digital Forensics - Explore the latest trends in digital forensics, with a focus on active research and practical exercises.
Meet Joe Walsh, Director of the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (MCJ) Program at DeSales
Joe Walsh has more than 15 years of experience working with computers. He has been a police officer for 10 years, and spent several years working as a detective investigating crimes involving technology and performing forensic examinations of electronic evidence. He has attended over 1,000 hours of training and holds several internationally recognized certifications. He has testified in court numerous times as an expert witness. Mr. Walsh’s teaching and research interests include digital forensics, cyber security, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
What's Different About DeSales?
- Our faculty are working professionals. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- You can choose from the flexibility of online, in-classroom or hybrid course options and attend full- or part-time. You can choose the program that will best fit into your life.
- We offer multiple start dates per year, so your education doesn't have to wait.
- Hands-on experience, so you can practice what you learn instead of just watching the instructor.