The Accelerated BSN at DeSales University
Get on the fast track to a nursing career with a BSN degree in just 15 months with this second-degree program.
What’s Different About the DeSales ABSN?
- Last year's 2020 cohort had a 100% pass rate! Since the beginning of this program, our ABSN graduates have had an average first-time pass rate of 97% on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- BSN-prepared nurses are the preferred hire and 100% of DeSales ABSN graduates are employed within one year of graduation.
- There is no required program entrance exam, though students must meet prerequisite and GPA requirements.
- Nursing students practice in various clinical sites in the Lehigh Valley region and in our own state-of-the-art simulation center.
- On-campus housing is available in newly renovated suites (based on availability).
- Save money on your MSN/NP with our ABSN+ program — qualified students can save up to 22% of the cost of a DeSales MSN program!
By graduation, DeSales ABSN students are confident and experienced with:
- 60 laboratory hours
- 630 clinical hours
- An internship with additional clinical experience with an expert in the nursing field.
- NCLEX-RN prep course and coaching (included in the cost of tuition)
- A CCNE accredited BSN
To be eligible for the ABSN and ABSN Plus programs, you must have completed a bachelor's degree with a competitive GPA by May 2022.
Accelerated BSN and Accelerated Direct Entry BSN + MSN applicants to the May 2022 cohort are admitted as per the following deadlines:
- Early Decision Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Final Deadline: November 15, 2021
Take the next step. Request information, register for an information session, or apply now.
Optional Direct-Entry into the MSN Program
Thinking ahead? Save money and fast-track your MSN degree, too.
Qualified students can take up to three MSN courses as part of the ABSN program and enjoy direct-entry into the DeSales MSN Program with our special Accelerated Direct Entry BSN + MSN program. By taking master's level courses at the undergraduate tuition rate, you can save significantly (up to 22%!) on the cost of your MSN degree.
Nurses with a BSN are given more responsibility, supervisory roles, and higher salaries.
A BSN allows you to work in leadership and advisory positions. Nursing is a continually growing field for job opportunities and income.
How to apply
- Submit your online application today – it takes just 10 minutes or less!
- Request your official electronic transcripts from your college or university directly to the DeSales Division of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an interview with the Program Director.
Still have prerequisites to complete? You can still apply now! Contact us for more information. Questions? Call or email at 610-282-1100, x1509 or email@example.com.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at DeSales University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).