The Accelerated BSN at DeSales University
If you've recently earned a college degree and want to use your education as foundation for training in an in-demand field, the ABSN program will quickly propel you into a nursing career.
Final Application Deadline: November 15
How to apply:
- Submit your online application today – it takes just 10 minutes or less!
- Request your official electronic transcripts from your college or university directly to the DeSales Division of Nursing at email@example.com.
- Complete an interview with the Program Director.
Still have prerequisites to complete? You can still apply now! Contact us for more information. Questions? Call or email at 610-282-1100, x1509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program puts you on the fast track to graduation with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in just 15 months. This is a second degree program for the student who already has a bachelor's degree.
DeSales also offers an Accelerated BSN Plus (ABSN+) program, which allows qualified students to take up to three MSN courses as part of their BSN program and provides direct-entry into the MSN Program. By taking three courses at the undergraduate tuition rate, students in the ABSN+ program can save significantly (up to 22%!) on the cost of their MSN degree.
Our programs are designed to expedite earning a BSN through intensive, consecutive semesters. By graduation, DeSales University ABSN students are confident and experienced with:
- 60 laboratory hours
- 630 clinical hours
- An internship with additional clinical experience with an expert in the nursing field.
- NCLEX-RN prep course and coaching (included in the cost of tuition)
- A CCNE accredited BSN
The Institute of Medicine called for 80% of registered nurses (RNs) to receive a Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree by the year 2020.
- Job growth for nurses is projected at 19% by 2022
- Salaries are expected to rise by 22%
- Registered Nurses with a BSN will have better job prospects than those without one
Nurses with a BSN are given more responsibility, supervisory roles and higher salaries. A BSN allows you to work in leadership and advisory positions.
Nursing is a continually growing field for job opportunities and income. While salary range is determined on experience and location, an average annual salary for a BSN ranges from between $49,000 to $130,000 per year over the nursing career.
(Healthcare Salaries, 2015)
What's Different About the DeSales University ABSN?
- Since 2015, DeSales University ABSN graduates have had an average first-time pass rate of 97% on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- BSN-prepared nurses are the preferred hire and 100% of DeSales ABSN graduates are employed within one year of graduation.
- DeSales University nursing programs are fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) ensuring quality and integrity.
- There is no required program entrance exam, though students must meet prerequisite and GPA requirements.
- Nursing students practice in various clinical sites in the Lehigh Valley region and in our own state-of-the-art simulation center.
- On-campus housing is available in newly renovated suites (based on availability).
- Qualified DeSales University ABSN graduates are eligible for preferred direct admission if you choose to continue your education in nursing through our MSN and Nurse Practitioner programs, and the first class is free! (Qualifications must be met.)
It is suggested that students do not work while they complete the ABSN/ABSN+ programs. This full-time program runs classes Monday through Friday between 8am-4pm. Clinical hours are held Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and occasional weekends. Clinical hours can be held in the day or evening.
To be eligible for the Accelerated BSN and ABSN+ programs, students must have completed a bachelor's degree with a competitive GPA by May 2021.
Accelerated BSN and ABSN+ applicants to the May 2021 cohort are admitted as per the following deadlines:
Final Deadline: November 15, 2020
Take the next step. Request information, register for an information session or apply now.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at DeSales University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).