Post-MSN Adult Gerontology Acute Care CNS Certification, Certification
Nurses who hold a graduate degree in nursing can apply to the Adult CNS Post-Graduate Certification program.
- The CNS Coordinator will complete a Gap Analysis to evaluate prior education and practice (as applicable) in order to determine an individual course of study. The completion of required didactic courses and clinical hours will depend upon waived credits and/or clinical hours.
- Depending upon the number of courses transferred in, Certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist may be completed in one year.
- Students must satisfy the required credit and course requirements for the Adult CNS Program of study via graduate courses taken at DeSales University.
Post-MSN certificate graduates are eligible to take the Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist national certification examination offered through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Certification Corporation.
MSN Admissions Requirements
Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
An active registered nurse license or eligibility for licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. New Jersey licensure as a registered nurse is also required prior to beginning the clinical sequence for all MSN programs.
Evidence of the equivalent of 12 months full-time nursing practice within the last three (3) years
For the Post-Master's Certification Programs, evidence of a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a practicing licensed registered nurse within the past two (2) years
*For applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement, completion of the GRE or MAT will be required to be considered for admission to the program
*For applicants born outside of the United States, where the official language is other than English, completion of the TOEFL will be required to be considered for admission to the program
Additional admission requirements for a Post-MSN Certificate program:
- Meeting the admissions requirements to the MSN program.
- Official documentation of the completion of a MSN or its equivalent from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a practicing licensed registered nurse within the past two years.
Depending upon the number of courses transferred in, Certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Clinical Nurse Specialist may be completed in one year.
Students must satisfy the required credit and course requirements for the Adult CNS Program of study via graduate courses taken at DeSales University.
Post-MSN Adult CNS Certificate Program Summary
- 4-9 Courses
- 18-35 Credits
- 500 minimum clinical hours (including hours factored in from Gap Analysis)
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) are as follows.
- Tuition/credit hour: $840
- Application Fee: $50
- Re-admission Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Laboratory Fee*: $250
- Returned Check Service: $30
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at DeSales University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).