Online Master of Arts in Homeland Security: Counterterrorism Investigations, Master's
Students in the MAHS: Counterterrorism Investigations program are typically interested in working for the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or in Law Enforcement.
These positions include support, analyst, and operations jobs that require knowledge of investigative techniques, working with intelligence, understanding terrorist motivations and response to terrorist incidents.
The emphasis of the program is on investigative techniques, understanding and responding to terrorism. Students may also consider pursuing a concentration in Counterterrorism Digital Forensics, or the option of no concentration.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
- DeSales University’s Center for Homeland Security provides hands-on, science-based, and practitioner-informed training, research, and educational opportunities.
Admissions to the MAHS program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission are:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Background or interest in the field of criminal justice or homeland security.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement must be submitted that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should state your personal and professional goals, as well as how an MAHS degree from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Two (2) Letters of recommendation
Applicants who lack one or more requirements may be admitted to the program on a provisional basis. Individuals with special needs or goals may be considered for admission to the program.
International applicants must contact Leslie Bartholomew, Designated School Official, at 610-282-1100, ext. 1859 or Leslie.Bartholomew@desales.edu to inquire about international admission requirements.
Start Dates: See Academic Calendar
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 Required for MAHS, none for Certificate Program
- Resume Required: No
The MAHS program consists of 10 classes.
6 Core Required Courses (18 credits)
- HS 501 Foundations of Homeland Security
- CJ 502 Research Methods
- CJ 503 Privacy, Ethics, Diversity and Human Rights
- HS 505 Contemporary Issues in Homeland Security
- HS 507 Capstone (Master Project Seminar)
- HS 550 Advanced Counterterrorism
4 Concentration Courses (12 Credits)
- HS 559 Domestic Terrorism and Extremism
- CJ/HS 508 Investigation of Terrorism
- CJ/HS 551 Hostage Negotiations
- HS 555 Post Blast and Terrorist Attack Crime Scene Investigation
Total: 10 courses (30 credits)
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $795
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $23,850
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $9,540
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
The Center for Homeland Security (CHS)
20% Tuition Discount
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice or homeland security professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level program.*
*This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.