Online Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership, Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership provides an academic foundation in criminal justice leadership and will equip you with the skills you need to be a successful leader in the criminal justice profession.
This certificate is ideal if you're not quite ready to pursue a full graduate degree, yet seek graduate-level knowledge to handle personnel issues, manage financial matters, and communicate effectively.
The four courses (12 credits) are delivered online and are taught by criminal justice practitioners and full-time faculty.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- All criminal justice professionals receive a 20% tuition discount. This discount applies to all DeSales MCJ graduate and certificate programs.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
Admissions to the MCJ program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission into the Criminal Justice Graduate Certificate Program are:
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Background or interest in the field of criminal justice.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should include your personal and professional goals, as well as how the Digital Forensics Certificate from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation
Start Dates: See Academic CalendarApplication Information
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Letters of Recommendation: 3
- Resume Required: No
- International Students:
- English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL
- Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
- Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
Earn a graduate certificate in 4 courses.
Curriculum - 4 Required Courses (12 credits)
- CJ 513 - Criminal Justice Communication
- CJ 519 - Leadership in Criminal Justice
- CR 501 - Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MG 501 - Human Resource Management
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $775
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $23,250
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $9,300
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level Criminal Justice program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.