Nursing: Part-Time Evening/Weekend BSN, BSN
Our accelerated bachelor of science in nursing program gives you a solid practical foundation to begin practice in all areas of this in-demand field.
You will gain strong academic preparation for graduate study and a highly respected degree.
Designed for You
ACCESS nursing students enjoy the outstanding reputation, respected faculty, and spectacular facilities of DeSales University’s nursing program—all while taking your academic and clinical classes on an evening/weekend schedule.
The program offers extensive clinical and laboratory experience, and you will hone your skills with hands-on practice at local hospitals, nursing homes, and outpatient clinical facilities.
- Accelerated course format
- Convenient evening and weekend scheduling options
- Highly respected faculty
- Financial aid and tuition deferment programs
- Personal advisement
If you have a high school diploma or GED and the desire to learn, you meet DeSales' basic requirements for the ACCESS program. Anything beyond these basics puts you on an even faster track to earning your DeSales degree or certificate.
If you have attended some college...
We will be happy to evaluate your prior college courses to the number of credits you may be able to transfer toward your DeSales' program.
- DeSales accepts up of 75 credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- All transferred credits must be applicable to some curriculum offered at DeSales University.
- You must complete at least 15 three-credit (or more) courses at DeSales University to earn a degree from DSU.
- Only credit is transferred, your grades for transfer courses are not calculated into the your GPA at DSU. (Exception: grades earned at LVAIC institutions via the cross registration process are included in the calculation of your DSU GPA.)
Earn credits for your non-college experience...
DeSales ACCESS program can give you college credits for the knowledge and skills you have acquired through non-college learning. Our prior learning assessment enables you to demonstrate what you've learned. Examples of non-college learning may include:
- Work experience
- Military training
- Non-traditional training
DeSales is a CLEP (College Level Examination Program) Test Center
We are also one of 1,400 nationwide and abroad. CLEP is an uncomplicated, reputable, and efficient way for you to get college credit for knowledge you have acquired on your own. Learn more about CLEP testing at DeSales.
Start Here — ACCESS Nursing Application Checklist
Get started by applying to the ACCESS Program as a Provisional Nursing Student. Here’s what you need to complete your application:
- ACCESS Nursing Application for Admission
- Official College Transcripts (signed by Registrar and sent in a sealed envelope) mailed to:
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
- Essay, one or two pages highlighting your professional goals and objectives
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Criminal Background Check
- TOEFL (www.ets.org/tse for applicants not born in the United States)
120 Credits (forty 3-credit courses) are required for graduation.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for a more detailed explanation of the specific degree requirements and course prerequisites.
DeSales University is home to some of the most advanced simulation technology in a university setting.
Simulation captures the key characteristics and behaviors of real life clinical events and gives students the opportunity to practice clinical skills, repeat procedures, fine-tune processes, and observe the impact of their choices — all without harm to patients.
The DeSales family of Human Patient Simulators (HPS)
HPS, also known as high-fidelity manikins, are life-like models of the human body with software/computer equipment components to mimic human bodily functions. The HSC maintains several HPSs, including a pregnant mother and new-born infant.
Clinical Skills Lab
Our clinical skills suite provides both a 12 bed in-patient and a 12 bed out-patient practice environment. Students can practice a wide variety of clinical skills with low fidelity mannequins. Task Trainers help students gain expertise in technical procedures and clinical skills such as foley catheter placement or pelvic examination for undergraduate students and more advanced skills such as central line placement or peripheral IV insertion, for our graduate students.
Standardized Patient Program
This on-campus suite replicates a functioning healthcare office, complete with a waiting room, and 8 fully equipped examination rooms. Standardized Patients are real people who are specially-trained to portray different patient scenarios, where they are treated as real patients by DeSales students. They actively participate in the instruction, practice, and assessment of the physical examination skills of our students, nurses, and physician assistants. Become a standardized patient
Our Education Management Solutions, Inc. system (EMS) provides a comprehensive solution for the labs;. Digital AV software and hardware allow faculty to capture both the simulations and standardized patient environments for further review. The results provide a digital video record of individual and team performance, which assist in evaluating a student’s performance when faced with realistic clinical challenges.
Tuition & Fees
The ACCESS tuition rate is significantly lower than the traditional day program.
If your employer offers tuition reimbursement, our tuition deferment plan can reduce your out-of-pocket cost each session by allowing you to defer the reimbursable portion of your tuition.
- Special tuition rates — lower than traditional day programs
- Tuition deferment available
- Financial aid — you may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants and Student Loans, and ACCESS students can apply for two DeSales scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid — Here to Help
We'll guide you to make the best choices to fund your education at DeSales University. We can help make your college expenses affordable through a combination of grants, loans, student employment, and scholarship resources.
Contact Financial Aid
610.282.1100, ext. 1287
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Tuition and Fees for the 2018 - 2019 school year*
- ACCESS Tuition: $488.00/creditVariable ACCESS Lab Fees per course where applicable
- Nursing courses: $565.00/Credit
- ACCESS-by-Day Student Life Fee:
- Part-time: $200.00/semester
- Full-time: $400.00/semester
- Audit a Class: $245.00/credit
*2018-2019 prices go into effect for the Fall/Session 1, which starts in August 2018.
Be Prepared for the NCLEX!
DeSales Nursing students are above average. Actually, they're well above the average for both the PA and U.S. NCLEX first time pass rates!
If career preparation is important to you, you've found the right school. All students in our nursing programs have access to Kaplan test prep included in their tuition. Maybe that's why our students consistently report above-average NCLEX first-time pass rates.
Info from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN): NCLEX Data