Online Master of Criminal Justice: Investigative Forensics, Master's
The DeSales MCJ Online Investigative Forensics concentration relies on science to address legal issues in criminal investigations, with a focus on violent crimes.
Learn how forensic professionals gather and process evidence in crime scene investigations. Coursework includes instruction on:
- Advanced criminology
- Forensic psychology
- Forensic science
- Advanced crime scene investigation
This is a 10 course program. All courses are online and can be taken full-time or part-time.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- All criminal justice professionals receive a 20% tuition discount. This discount applies to all DeSales MCJ graduate and certificate programs.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
Admissions to the MCJ program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission into the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (MCJ) Program are:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Background or interest in the field of criminal justice.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement must be submitted that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should state your personal and professional goals, as well as how an MCJ degree from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Resume Required
Applicants who lack one or more requirements may be admitted to the program on a provisional basis. Individuals with special needs or goals may be considered for admission to the program.
International applicants must contact Leslie Bartholomew, Designated School Official, at 610-282-1100, ext. 1859 or Leslie.Bartholomew@desales.edu to inquire about international admission requirements.
Start Dates: See Academic Calendar
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Resume Required: Yes
The Master of Criminal Justice of Investigative Forensics program consists of 10 classes.
6 Core Courses (18 credits)
- CJ 501 Advanced Criminology
- CJ 502 Research Methods
- CJ 503 Ethics in Criminal Justice
- CJ 507 Master Project Seminar
- CJ 511 Criminal Justice Systems and Processes
- CJ 518 Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
Concentration Courses (12 credits)
- CJ 510 - Forensic Science in the Courtroom
- CJ 516 - Forensic Psychology
- CJ 532 - Advanced Crime Scene Investigation
- CJ 533 - Behavioral Criminology
- CJ 534 - Forensic Toxicology
- CJ 535 - Medicolegal Investigation and Identification
- CJ 544 - Forensic Anthropology
Total: 10 courses (30 credits)
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $795*
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
*Tuition/credit hour will remain the same for the 2022-2023 academic year. Tuition costs are subject to change with notice.
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $23,850
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $9,540
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level Criminal Justice program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
20% Tuition Discount
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice or homeland security professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level program.*
*This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.