Online Master of Criminal Justice: Digital Forensics, Master's
Learn the basics of criminological theory and practice while concentrating your studies in the field of digital forensics.
The online digital forensics criminal justice master's degree can help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to investigate crimes with digital technology, including computers and portable devices.
Learn how computers and electronic devices can be used to facilitate the commission of a crime. At DeSales, you'll get hands-on learning using the same evidence and scenarios encountered in real-world investigations. Coursework includes instruction on:
- the latest forensic tools
- encryption techniques
- web-based investigations
- the examination of evidence
Learn the basics of criminological theory and practice while concentrating your studies in the field of digital forensics. As a graduate of this program, you'll gain the knowledge and skills necessary to make an immediate contribution to your field.
All courses are online and can be taken full-time or part-time.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- All criminal justice professionals receive a 20% tuition discount. This discount applies to all DeSales MCJ graduate and certificate programs.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
Admissions to the MCJ program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission into the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice (MCJ) Program are:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Background or interest in the field of criminal justice.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement must be submitted that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should state your personal and professional goals, as well as how an MCJ degree from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Resume Required
Applicants who lack one or more requirements may be admitted to the program on a provisional basis. Individuals with special needs or goals may be considered for admission to the program.
International applicants must contact Leslie Bartholomew, Designated School Official, at 610-282-1100, ext. 1859 or Leslie.Bartholomew@desales.edu to inquire about international admission requirements.
Start Dates: See Academic Calendar
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Resume Required: Yes
The MCJ program consists of 10 classes.6 Core Required Courses (15 credits)
- CJ 501 Advanced Criminology
- CJ 502 Research Methods
- CJ 503 Ethics in Criminal Justice
- CJ 507 Master Project Seminar
- CJ 511 Criminal Justice Systems and Processes
- CJ 518 Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
- CJ 536 - Digital Investigation and Evidence Collection
- CJ 537 - Forensic Acquisition and Analysis
- CJ 538 - Network and Cloud Forensics
- CJ 539 - Special Topics in Digital Forensics
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $795*
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
*Tuition/credit hour will remain the same for the 2022-2023 academic year. Tuition costs are subject to change with notice.
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $23,850
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $9,540
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level Criminal Justice program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
20% Tuition Discount
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice or homeland security professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level program.*
*This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.