Marketing- Accelerated, Bachelor's
Opportunities in the marketing field are vast, which is why our program is comprehensive. DeSales Marketing majors study all aspects of the marketing process to prepare for any of a number of opportunities. Our graduates have launched their careers in market research, public relations, advertising, distribution, brand management, and sales.
An Accelerated Bachelor's for Tomorrow's Marketing Professional
No matter how digital the marketing industry becomes, as a professional, you and the work you do is the link between your organization and the consumer. Job growth extends to areas such as digital and multi-channel marketing, as well as ecommerce marketing. In addition to the in-class format, included is coursework and supplemental instruction delivered conveniently online.
When you graduate from DeSales University with a B.S. in Marketing you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written communication, quantitative methods, research, critical thinking, ethical decision making, continuous learning, and technology.
- Understand and apply appropriate skills to be an effective marketing employee within a variety of organizational settings. This would include demonstrating competency in areas such as teaming, leadership, followership, time management, project management, motivation, negotiation, planning, and human relations.
- Understand the purpose, foundational concepts, and interconnections of the core functional areas of an organization, including the role of marketing and how and why it helps an organization to implement a marketing concept and create competitive advantages.
- Use the marketing planning process and work within the marketing environments to develop effective marketing tactics, strategies, and plans – including selection of appropriate target markets and development of detailed product,promotion, price, and place mixes – which satisfy target customer needs and organizational objectives in the context of a global and ever-changing marketplace.
Marketing - Data Analytics Track
Choosing a Marketing degree with a Data Analytics track will get you even more prepared! Data analysts and data scientists are two of the most sought after job positions in the US and abroad, with some of the highest starting salaries right out of college.
With the Data Analytics track, you will learn the structures, concepts, mathematics, and computer languages of data analytics and AI. You will learn to use the software and cloud platforms in demand in the job market, such as Tableau, SAS, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google TensorFlow.
This program is offered evenings/on campus as well as completely online.
DeSales also offers a Marketing Certificate on-campus and online.
- Accelerated course format
- Convenient on campus and online scheduling options
- Highly experienced and respected faculty
- Financial aid and tuition deferment programs
- Personal advising
If you have a high school diploma or GED and the desire to learn, you meet DeSales' basic requirements for the Adult Studies program. Anything beyond these basics puts you on an even faster track to earning your DeSales degree or certificate.
You are welcome to apply as long as you meet one* of the following:
- have been out of high school for 5+ years;
- are a veteran or active duty service member;
- have a full-time career and/or other significant non-academic responsibilities, such as being self-supporting or having financial dependents;
- already have a bachelor's degree and are now pursuing a certificate, second degree.
*Additional documentation may be required to determine eligibility.
If you have already attended some college...
We will be happy to evaluate your prior college courses to the number of credits you may be able to transfer toward your DeSales' program.
- DeSales accepts up to 75 credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- All transferred credits must be applicable to some curriculum offered at DeSales University.
- You must complete at least 15 three-credit (or more) courses at DeSales University to earn a degree from DSU.
- Only credit is transferred, your grades for transfer courses are not calculated into the your GPA at DSU. (Exception: grades earned at LVAIC institutions via the cross registration process are included in the calculation of your DSU GPA.)
Earn credits for your non-college experience...
The DeSales Adult Studies program can give you college credits for the knowledge and skills you have acquired through non-college learning. Our prior learning assessment enables you to demonstrate what you've learned. Examples of non-college learning may include:
- Work experience
- Military training
- Non-traditional training
Three steps to admissions
Apply to Adult Studies
The application process begins with an Adult Studies Application for Admission. A copy of your high school diploma or GED is also required
- Meet with an academic advisor
One of our staff members will help you set up an appointment with an advisor at one of our locations.
- Choose your classes
Your advisor will help you come up with your personal education plan.
Criteria for admissions to the Adult Studies program
A non-traditional student is defined as “Any student, regardless of age, whose primary adult responsibilities are non-academic, and for whom those responsibilities take priority at this time in their lives.”
Non-traditional learners meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have a career and other significant non-academic responsibilities (e.g., being self-supporting, working full-time, having financial dependents) that conflict with traditional college experiences;
- Be out of high school for 5+ years at the time of first undergraduate registration, or have a 2-4 year interruption in his/her undergraduate education;
- Is a veteran or active duty service member;
- Needs to be enrolled in an online program due to significant non-academic responsibilities (e.g. being self-supporting, working full-time, having financial dependents);
- Must take fewer than 12 credits due to significant nonacademic commitments (e.g. being self-supporting, working full-time, having financial dependents);
- Is pursuing post-baccalaureate studies (e.g., certificate, second degree), primarily with undergraduate courses.
120 Credits are required for graduation.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for a more detailed explanation of the specific degree requirements and course prerequisites.
All students have access to online databases and a ton of online resources.
Learn more about the Trexler Library
The Academic Resource Center at our Center Valley Campus helps good students become even better, providing both professional and peer tutoring for all traditional and nontraditional (Adult Studies) undergraduate students.
Resources for Online Students are held to the same high standards as our campus classrooms. Instruction is presented in a way that is best suited to online learning, and we offer plenty of help along the way. The Center for Educational Resources and Technology Department (CERT) provides orientation, workshops and ongoing support to help you navigate your online learning environment. Learn about DEIT
Center Valley Campus
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
- Monday & Friday
8:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Tuesday - Thursday
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Tuition & Fees
The Adult Studies tuition rate is significantly lower than the traditional day program.
If your employer offers tuition reimbursement, our tuition deferment plan can reduce your out-of-pocket cost each session by allowing you to defer the reimbursable portion of your tuition.
- Special tuition rates — lower than traditional day programs
- Tuition deferment available
- Financial aid — you may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants and Student Loans, and Adult Studies students can apply for two DeSales scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid — Here to Help
We'll guide you to make the best choices to fund your education at DeSales University. We can help make your college expenses affordable through a combination of grants, loans, student employment, and scholarship resources.
Contact Financial Aid
610.282.1100, ext. 1287
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Tuition and Fees for the 2022 - 2023 school year
- Adult Studies Tuition: $540/credit*
+ variable Adult Studies Lab Fees per course where applicable
- Nursing courses: $617/Credit
- Audit a Class: $270.00/credit
*Adult Studies tuition is subject to change with notice.