Graduate Certificate in Lean Six Sigma, Certificate
The Lean Six Sigma Certificate program will help business professionals remove waste, maximize efficiency, and solve problems within the business process.
From corporations to start-up ventures, from hospitals to schools, Lean Six Sigma casts a broad net of appeal anywhere optimal efficiency and effectiveness are important.
In the Lean course, projects are 100% applicable and transferable for use in your career.
Value Stream Map
A Value Stream Map helps visualize complex work systems (including material and information flows) in order to better address disconnects, redundancies, and gaps in how work is performed between the beginning and end of a process.
You'll select a value stream in your own organization that can benefit from analysis and improvement and learn to do a detailed walk-through and explanation of the value stream flow, highlighting any performance deficiencies and challenges, such as delays, excessive WIP, bottlenecks, capacity and workload imbalances, rework, poor quality yields, long lead times, and other operational issues.
Kaizen Selection, Prep, and Agenda
You'll learn to use your value stream map to identify improvement opportunities that are suitable for potential Kaizen events, the main vehicle for change within Lean. You'll also learn to build a Kaizen Charter which will capture the objective, scope, primary metric, benefits and team for your selected event and how to consider and choose different variables like number of days, the sequence for session topics, and the Lean tools used and outputs from each session.
Admissions for MBA certificates are on a rolling basis.
- Completed application
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution
- GPAs below a 3.0 are considered on a case by case basis
Additional items for graduate certificates
- Applicants should have earned a bachelor's degree
- Applicants who have not earned a degree in a related field may still be eligible for admission based on professional experience and potential to succeed in the program
The 12-credit graduate certificate program in Lean Six Sigma will include the following three-credit courses:
- SG 501 Six Sigma Concepts
- SG 502 Lean Management Principles
- PM 501 Project Management Essentials
And one of the following elective courses:
- FD 506 Managerial Statistics
- SG 503 Experimental Design
- SG 504 Operations Management
- SG 505 Advanced Topics in Six Sigma
The DeSales University Gambet Center includes state-of-the-art technology and equipment for Business education.
The second floor of the Center is home to the undergraduate business division and the MBA program. Through the Gambet Center, you'll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies and softwares, such as Financial Trading Systems (FTS):
- The Fainor Center for Financial Services boasts a live-ticker and trading simulation software.
- The Center for Data Analytics and Applied AI provides education and training, inclusive outreach, and applied projects for our stakeholder organizations.
The Gambet Center is a showcase of green architecture featuring environmentally advanced design consistent with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $915*
- Total Cost Grad Certificate (12 credits): $10,980
- Total Cost Master's Degree (36 credits): $32,940**
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
DeSales University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program to aid in the education of our veterans.
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
- Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund
Selecting the Lean Six Sigma MBA concentration enables future business leaders to understand complex system problems and equip them with the skills required for sound decision making, thus influencing the future state and direction of an organization.
— Chris Pinna, MBB, IHI IA , MBA Instructor, Lean Six Sigma
Online Learning at DeSales
Brightspace by D2LTM is our online learning system.