Online Graduate Certificate in Investigative Forensics, Certificate
The DeSales Graduate Certificate Program in Investigative Forensics offers a cutting-edge curriculum, nationally recognized educators, and accelerated, flexible class schedules.
The scientific investigation of crime has become front-page news. This applies to any investigative activity, from police work to forensic nursing to corporate crime.
Increasingly, agencies and employers seek qualified individuals who have gained knowledge of forensic science and current investigative techniques, as well as hands-on experience with forensic practices.
Today's investigations require competence with state-of-the-art methods. This certificate provides an academic foundation while exposing you to the practical application of industry-accepted forensic tools and methods.
The graduate certificate is ideal for those who do not want to pursue a full graduate degree, yet who seek graduate-level knowledge and certification.
All courses are delivered online and cover a variety of topics, including death investigation, crime scene investigation, behavioral criminology, and forensic anthropology.
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- All law enforcement professionals receive a 20% tuition discount. This discount applies to all DeSales MCJ graduate and certificate programs.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
Admissions to the MCJ program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission into the Criminal Justice Graduate Certificate Program are:
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Background or interest in the field of digital forensics.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should include your personal and professional goals, as well as how the Digital Forensics Certificate from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation
Start Dates: See Academic CalendarApplication Information
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Letters of Recommendation: 3
- Resume Required: No
- International Students:
- English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL
- Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
- Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
Earn a graduate certificate in 4 courses.
Required Courses (12 credits) from the following:
- CJ 510 Forensic Science and the Courtroom
- CJ 516 Forensic Psychology
- CJ 532 Advanced Crime Scene Investigation
- CJ 533 Behavioral Criminology
- CJ 535 Medicolegal Death Investigation
- CJ 544 Forensic Anthropology
Tuition & Fees
for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Tuition/credit hour: $745
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $22,520
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $8,990
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level Criminal Justice program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.