Graduate Certificate in Financial Intelligence, Certificate
The certificate in Financial Intelligence will equip you with the financial acumen needed for your role.
Participants will be equipped with the know-how to interpret financial data empowering senior leaders with the tools to make better business decisions, interpret financial reports, and grow their organization’s bottom line.
We offer multiple start dates throughout the year with rolling admission. There are three 12-week terms in the fall, winter, and spring, one six-week term in the summer, two eight-week mid-term sessions in the fall and winter, and one 6-week mid-term session in the spring. You will learn from the same faculty as our top-ranked MBA program and receive the same personalized service that DeSales University’s MBA program is known for.
Admissions for MBA certificates are on a rolling basis.
Application Fee: $50 - waived if you attend a free information session.
- Completed application
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities you attended
- An undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution
- GPAs below a 3.0 are considered on a case by case basis
Additional items for graduate certificates
- Applicants should have earned a bachelor's degree
- Applicants who have not earned a degree in a related field may still be eligible for admission based on professional experience and potential to succeed in the program
The Graduate Certificate in Financial Intelligence requires the following four, 3-credit courses offering a solid foundation in financial skills for the rising executive:
- FD 501 Essentials of Economics
- FD 503 Accounting for Decision Makers
- CR 501 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- CR 506 Financial Management
The DeSales University Gambet Center includes state-of-the-art technology and equipment for Business education.
The second floor of the Center is home to the undergraduate business division and the MBA program. Through the Gambet Center, you'll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies and softwares, such as Financial Trading Systems (FTS):
- The Fainor Center for Financial Services boasts a live-ticker and trading simulation software.
- The Center for Data Analytics provides education and training, inclusive outreach, and applied projects for our stakeholder organizations.
The Gambet Center is a showcase of green architecture featuring environmentally advanced design consistent with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification standards of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $880*
- Total Cost Grad Certificate (12 credits): $10,560
- Total Cost Master's Degree (36 credits): $31,680**
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
DeSales University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program to aid in the education of our veterans.
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
- Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
- Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund