Online Graduate Certificate in Digital Forensics, Certificate
There is strong demand for qualified individuals with expertise in current digital forensics investigative techniques and the proper methods and tools for handling digital evidence.
The DeSales graduate certificate program in digital forensics offers cutting-edge curriculum, nationally recognized educators, and an accelerated, flexible class schedules.
In four online courses, you'll learn:
- the proper methods to gather digital evidence, analysis, and expert testimony
- how to conduct research on important trends in digital forensics investigation — and how to prepare both written and oral reports
- the application of highly ethical standards to real-life criminal justice situations
- Our faculty are nationally-recognized professionals in the field. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes, and methodologies.
- All criminal justice professionals receive a 20% tuition discount. This discount applies to all DeSales MCJ graduate and certificate programs.
- The flexibility of online. Our online format allows you to continue your professional work while obtaining the skills needed to advance your career.
Admissions to the MCJ program are on a rolling basis, with no standardized exam requirements.
Requirements for admission into the Criminal Justice Graduate Certificate Program are:
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Background or interest in the field of criminal justice.
- Evidence of potential for graduate work: A personal statement that will serve as a demonstration of your ability to write at the graduate level. It should include your personal and professional goals, as well as how the Digital Forensics Certificate from DeSales University can assist you in achieving them.
- Resume Required
Start Dates: See Academic CalendarApplication Information
- Application Fee: $50
- Deadline: Rolling
- Standardized Exam Required: No
- Official Transcripts Required:Yes
- Personal Statement Required: Yes
- Resume Required: Yes
- International Students:
- English Competency Exam Required: TOEFL
- Transcript Evaluation Required: Yes
- Certificate of Finances Required: Yes
Earn a graduate certificate in just 4 courses.
Required Courses (12 credits)
- Digital Investigation and Evidence Collection
Examine strategies to investigate tech crimes and learn how to properly seize digital evidence.
- Forensic Acquisition and Analysis
Begin to image and analyze digital evidence by using professional forensic examination software.
- Network and Cloud Forensics
Learn techniques for investigations that involve computer networking, email message analysis, and collecting data from the cloud.
- Special Topics in Digital Forensics
Explore the latest trends in digital forensics, with a focus on active research and practical exercises.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $795*
- Application Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
*Tuition/credit hour will remain the same for the 2022-2023 academic year. Tuition costs are subject to change with notice.
Total cost of the Master's Degree program = $23,850
Total cost of the Graduate Certificate Programs = $9,540
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
Note: Tuition and fees are reviewed each academic year and are subject to change with notice.
DeSales University is proud to offer actively employed criminal justice professionals a 20% tuition discount for this Master's level Criminal Justice program.*
This discount covers tuition only, and is not applicable towards textbooks or other fees.
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.