Finance- Accelerated, BS
A bachelor's in finance from DeSales will not only teach you about cash flow -- it will help you increase yours personally! If your career aspirations include pursuits in banking, financial management, security analysis, or insurance, DeSales' B.S. in Finance will help put you on the right professional path.
A Degree that Reflects the Future of Finance
The finance industry is evolving, which is creating "faster than average" growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Rich in analytical skills building in economics and accounting, the on-campus accelerated degree in Finance from DeSales will help you meet industry growth and prepare you to excel. In addition to the in-class format, included is coursework and supplemental instruction delivered conveniently online.
When you graduate from DeSales University with a B.S. in Finance you'll be able to:
- Describe the activities of financial markets and financing institutions, and explain their implications on the global economy.
- Explain the role of money in the economy, including knowledge of foreign exchange, capital and money markets, interest rates, and the roles of banks.
- Calculate the valuation of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, and derivatives, and hedge portfolio risk through a hands-on approach to analyzing and managing asset portfolios.
- Understand and demonstrate the features and functionality of debt and equity markets.
- Evaluate business or personal decisions utilizing a financial perspective, including concepts such as net present value,weighted average cost of capital, and free cash flows.
This program is offered evenings/on campus as well as completely online.
DeSales also offers certificates in Financial Management and Financial Planning (CFP)
- Accelerated course format
- Convenient evening and weekend scheduling options
- Highly experienced and respected faculty
- Financial aid and tuition deferment programs
- Personal advising
If you have a high school diploma or GED and the desire to learn, you meet DeSales' basic requirements for the ACCESS program. Anything beyond these basics puts you on an even faster track to earning your DeSales degree or certificate.
If you have attended some college...
We will be happy to evaluate your prior college courses to the number of credits you may be able to transfer toward your DeSales' program.
- DeSales accepts up of 75 credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- All transferred credits must be applicable to some curriculum offered at DeSales University.
- You must complete at least 15 three-credit (or more) courses at DeSales University to earn a degree from DSU.
- Only credit is transferred, your grades for transfer courses are not calculated into the your GPA at DSU. (Exception: grades earned at LVAIC institutions via the cross registration process are included in the calculation of your DSU GPA.)
Earn credits for your non-college experience...
DeSales ACCESS program can give you college credits for the knowledge and skills you have acquired through non-college learning. Our prior learning assessment enables you to demonstrate what you've learned. Examples of non-college learning may include:
- Work experience
- Military training
- Non-traditional training
DeSales is a CLEP (College Level Examination Program) Test Center
We are also one of 1,400 nationwide and abroad. CLEP is an uncomplicated, reputable, and efficient way for you to get college credit for knowledge you have acquired on your own. Learn more about CLEP testing at DeSales.
Three steps to admissions
Apply to ACCESS
The application process begins with an ACCESS Application for Admission. A copy of your high school diploma or GED is also required
- Meet with an academic advisor
One of our staff members will help you set up an appointment with an advisor at one of our locations.
- Choose your classes
Your advisor will help you come up with your personal education plan.
120 Credits (forty 3-credit courses) are required for graduation.
Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for a more detailed explanation of the specific degree requirements and course prerequisites.
Our quality in-class programs are held at three convenient campus locations
All campuses have computer labs with free printers available for your use.
The Trexler Library at our Center Valley Campus, the library provides a contemporary space in which to study and research for coursework. Reserve a study room, film a presentation in the One Button Studio, or get help with your academic research.
All students have access to online databases and a ton of online resources.
Learn more about the Trexler Library
The Academic Resource Center at our Center Valley Campus helps good students become even better, providing both professional and peer tutoring for all traditional and nontraditional (ACCESS) undergraduate students.
Resources for Online Students are held to the same high standards as our campus classrooms. Instruction is presented in a way that is best suited to online learning, and we offer plenty of help along the way. The Department of Distance Education and Instructional Technology (DEIT) provides orientation, workshops and ongoing support to help you navigate your online learning environment. Learn about DEIT
Center Valley Campus
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
Bethlehem Area Campus
3001 Emrick Blvd, Suite 101
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Lansdale Area Campus
815 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
Office Hours at all areas
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuition & Fees
The ACCESS tuition rate is significantly lower than the traditional day program.
If your employer offers tuition reimbursement, our tuition deferment plan can reduce your out-of-pocket cost each session by allowing you to defer the reimbursable portion of your tuition.
- Special tuition rates — lower than traditional day programs
- Tuition deferment available
- Financial aid — you may be eligible for Federal Pell Grants and Student Loans, and ACCESS students can apply for two DeSales scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid — Here to Help
We'll guide you to make the best choices to fund your education at DeSales University. We can help make your college expenses affordable through a combination of grants, loans, student employment, and scholarship resources.
Contact Financial Aid
610.282.1100, ext. 1287
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Tuition and Fees for the 2018 - 2019 school year*
- ACCESS Tuition: $488.00/creditVariable ACCESS Lab Fees per course where applicable
- Nursing courses: $565.00/Credit
- ACCESS-by-Day Student Life Fee:
- Part-time: $200.00/semester
- Full-time: $400.00/semester
- Audit a Class: $245.00/credit
*2018-2019 prices go into effect for the Fall/Session 1, which starts in August 2018.