Data Analytics - Graduate Certificate, Certificate
Adding a Data Analytics Graduate Certificate to your professional training will make you an extremely valuable employee.
You will communicate with senior management, determine expectations, create systems to analyze large quantities of data and deliver that information in a concise report.
This program will give you the training needed to:
- Critically analyze and anticipate patterns in organizational data
- Create and build predictive models
- Provide statistical analyses of data points and trends
What’s Different About DeSales?
- Our faculty are working professionals. You’ll be taught by professionally active advanced practice faculty who connect textbook theory with real-world application of tools, processes and methodologies.
- You can choose from the flexibility of online, in-classroom or hybrid course options and attend full- or part-time. You can choose the program that will best fit into your life.
- We offer multiple start dates per year, so your education doesn’t have to wait.
Qualifications for admission:
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges) or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A personal statement detailing your professional goals as well as how the Data Analytics Certificate from DeSales University can assist you in achieving these goals.
Have more questions?
We're happy to help. Please contact us via the information below.
The Data Analytics Certificate is a 15-credit Graduate Certificate Requiring These Five Courses:
- IT 511 Database Management - Students learn database design, structured query language programming, and advanced database management. Skills such as performance tuning, transaction management and database administration are emphasized.
- IT 513 Data Mining and Visualization - The course explores, in depth, the scope, requirements, architecture, design, tools and implementation of data warehousing, data mining and data visualization.
- IT 541 Decision Support Systems - Students will learn decision systems model formulation, design, construction and validation. Includes web-based technology, Monte Carlo techniques, simulation languages, random numbers and verifications.
- IT 553 Statistical Analysis and Predictive Modeling - Students will learn how to apply statistical methods to large data sets. Predictive modeling techniques will be emphasized in order to discover patterns for decision-making.
- IT 562 Data Analytics - Students will focus on access to unstructured data from multiple sources and applying statistical methodologies for improved decision-making will be covered.
Graduate certificates are awarded upon completion of all required coursework with a minimum cumulative grade point overage of 3.0 with no grades lower than B-.
Tuition & Fees
- Tuition/credit hour: $855
- Application Fee: $50
- Re-admission Fee: $50
- Graduation Fee: $120
- Returned Check Service: $30
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fee – 30% of course tuition charge
DeSales University offers graduate students the opportunity to defer payment of their tuition when they will be receiving reimbursement from their employer or when they are eligible to receive financial aid. A copy of your employer's tuition reimbursement policy must be forwarded to the Treasurer's Office and/or all necessary financial aid paperwork must be filed with the Financial Aid Office before tuition deferment is granted.
Tuition deferment is a privilege given to graduate students at DeSales and can be revoked if this privilege is abused. Please note that you, as the student, are responsible for payment of your tuition balance in the event that your financial aid/loans or employer reimbursement is not received by the Treasurer's Office.
When a student is eligible for tuition reimbursement from his/her employer, written evidence of eligibility is required. The student is responsible for requesting this reimbursement from his/her employer. In cases where reimbursement is contingent upon successful completion of the course(s) and the student either withdraws or does not achieve a grade sufficient to warrant maximum reimbursement, the student is ultimately responsible for payment for the course(s).
Refund on Withdrawal
A refund of tuition payments will be made to a student who withdraws from a course. In all cases, credits will be calculated from the date the student completed the official withdrawal form, and the rebate will be based on the schedule shown listed below.
Refunds apply to tuition only. If a student is allowed to enroll by use of the deferred payment procedure, any funds due the University are immediately due and payable upon withdrawal.
Withdrawal during the add/drop period is 100% of tuition refunded. The schedule below is for withdrawal after the first class after the close of the add/drop period.
Withdrawal after 1st class: 80% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 2nd class: 65% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 3rd class: 50% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 4th class: 25% of tuition refunded
Withdrawal after 5th class: No refund
Online Learning at DeSales
Blackboard Learn™ is our online learning system.