Marketing & Communications Department
The Marcom Department is responsible for the overall branding of the University and most print and web materials that constitute our core “graphic identity.”
The responsibilities of the Communications Department include:
- Official DeSales University logos
- Our public website (desales.edu) and all official social media channels, including video content
- University marketing materials, including student recruitment materials
- The University’s flagship publications, including the DeSales University Magazine, The DeSales University Annual Report, the Donor Giving Report, the Undergraduate & Graduate Catalogs (produced in conjunction with the Academic Affairs office)
- Programs and invitations for University events including January and May commencements
- Other key pieces, including program brochures, invitations, direct mail pieces, fliers, etc., for University departments including the Salesian Center for Faith and Culture, university police, and student activities.
- Alumni and fund-raising publications for the Office of Institutional Advancement, including the Homecoming brochure, capital campaign materials, newsletters for DeSales Angels and athletic fund-raising.
Carolyn Steigleman, Associate Vice President for Marketing
firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.282.1100 x2167
- Tom McNamara, executive director of Communications
email@example.com, 610.282.1100 x1219
- Janelle Hill, director of media relations
Copy and content writing for print and web, including the DeSales Daily.
firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.282.1100 x1600
- Diane Furchner, director of marketing
Overall institutional marketing strategy and advertising agency liaison; coordinates with departments across campus on their individual budgets and strategies. Member of ICC committee.
email@example.com, 610.282.1100 x1403
- Kristin Laudenslager, director of web communications
Oversees web communications and social media content strategy; partners with IT Web Manager to coordinate and train web content contributors across campus. Oversees campus videographer, web communications specialist, web designer, and social media coordinator.
firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-282-1100 x1764
- Tim Cox, videographer
Films and edits videos for web and for special viewing occasions (presidential tours, donor events).
email@example.com, 610-282-1100 x1452
- Jordan Gruber, social media manager
Oversees institutional social media accounts.
- David Oblas, web communications specialist
Copy and content writing for web, social media production, and digital analytics.
firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-282-1100 x2068
- Rebecca (Becca) Tomino, web designer
Design and graphic support for web communications, social media, and video.
email@example.com, 610-282-1100 x2076