Membership in the Faith & Reason Honors Program is by invitation and application only. Membership is limited to fifteen (15) students in each academic class.
Each Fall, invitations to apply to the program are extended to members of the Freshman class who maintain Presidential or Trustee scholarships, as defined by the Office of Enrollment Management at DSU (approximately 80-95 students in all).
Applications consist of
- a letter of intent on the part of the interested student
- a letter of recommendation from a DSU faculty or staff member.
The application process typically follows the calendar below.
- Early October- invitations to apply to the program are sent by email to scholarship students
- Monday after Pacer Break (October 16, 2017) - Deadline for submission of applicants to the Director of the program
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 - Applications are considered by the Review Committee of the Salesian Center
- Friday before pre-registration (October 27, 2017 - New Honors class is notified of acceptance into the program
Learn more about the current Honors Students
Learn more about the Honors Alumni
Return to the Honors Program page