Membership in the Faith & Reason Honors Program is by invitation and application only. Membership is limited to fifteen (15) students in each academic class.
Each Fall, invitations to apply to the program are extended to members of the Freshman class who maintain Presidential or Trustee scholarships, as defined by the Office of Enrollment Management at DSU (approximately 80-95 students in all).
Applications consist of
- ♦ a letter of intent on the part of the interested student
- ♦ a letter of recommendation from a DSU faculty or staff member.
The application process typically follows the calendar below.
- Monday after Homecoming - invitations to apply to the program are sent by email to scholarship students
- Wednesday after Pacer Break - Deadline for submission of applicants to the Director of the program
- October 15, 2015 - Applications are considered by the Review Committee of the Salesian Center
- Thursday before Spring pre-registration October 29 @ 7:00 pm - Orientation to the Honors Program for the newly selected class
Learn more about the current Honors Students
Learn more about the Honors Alumni
Return to the Honors Program page